SW - Online only

Erryn

Is anyone else doing this?

I've literally just signed up to the online only service as I can't get to group meetings... and I'm completely and utterly lost. I've no idea where to start, what to do or where to go.

I thought there was an online community/forum but I can't find it anywhere.

Any help from anyone would be appreciated as I feel like I've just thrown £80 in the bin. :(

I also can't eat eggs, dairy or grains. It said that would be fine for me but every recipe I look at contains one or other of all of them. It's given me a 'factsheet' on how to cut out gluten, but it incorporates dairy... and I've looked at the 'dairy free' factsheet and it tells me to eat lots of eggs.

I must be doing something wrong but I can't work it out for the life of me. It all seems ridiculously complicated for something I thought was supposed to be really simple. :(

I'd love some help from anyone more experienced if anyone is able to assist please?

xxx

I just can't work it out at all. I can't eat grains. Full stop. That means no bread or cereals - so no rice, no corn, no oats, no wheat, etc. They want me to add it in every day. How do I get around that?

I also don't get how I'm supposed to add shop bought stuff to the online diary.

Really glad I decided to do this. I've spent the last two hours trying to work it out - and I have a law degree from King's College London - yet I still can't make head nor tail of the sodding thing.

Hi erryn....no need to panic!!!!

Can you have soya products? Or almond milk? I always have my hex a as skinned milk as i can't have cheese! So having some sort if milk substitute is going to be sufficient!
As fir your hex b, you can have dried or tinned fruit rather than grains...the healthy extras are there for you to get the fibre and calcium you need! As for not being able to eat grains and eggs and dairy will make sw a bit more challenging but not impossible...a lot of us depend quite heavily on eggs and fat free dairy to fill us up! But if you look at the sp plan protein and speed food, i.e. Meat, pulses (you might not be able to have these??) and lots and lots of vegetables...no grains!

Hope this helps xx

I also don't get how I'm supposed to add shop bought stuff to the online diary. Really glad I decided to do this. I've spent the last two hours trying to work it out - and I have a law degree from King's College London - yet I still can't make head nor tail of the sodding thing.

As for this, i can't help as i'm doing sw on my own from home...just signed up quickly to get the new books and new food directory...been a sw member for 1.5 years before moving house and now money is just tight :-(

Thank you. :)

I'll wait until the books arrive to see if that helps. It's all a lot more complicated than they make it sound. None of it is helped by the fact that I have raging PMT and a very clingy/stroppy toddler tearing at my clothes every few minutes. ;)

Thank you. :) I'll wait until the books arrive to see if that helps. It's all a lot more complicated than they make it sound. None of it is helped by the fact that I have raging PMT and a very clingy/stroppy toddler tearing at my clothes every few minutes. ;)

Oh dear...know that one too well, but ds is 7 now so not much hanging of clothes anymore, lol
Yes, the books will help lots!
Let me know how you're getting on...i'll stay subscribed! Looking forward to seeing how you are getting on xx

Hi, your diet does sound kind of restrictive but you definitely should still be able to benefit from SW. Your HexA choices include rice milk, soya milk, coconut milk and almond milk and your HexBs have dried, canned or cooked fruits, nuts and seeds. Also, I'm not sure if it's in the newest books or not but one of the B choices up to now has always been 1tbsp of olive oil. I have a feeling they've taken that out of the choices now but from reading posts on here, it seems many people still use this option. Is it egg whites or yolks you can't have, or both? I have to say I'd struggle without my eggs. Oh, and out of interest, I believe you can make creamy "cheese" from cashew nuts (14 cashews = HexB) but I've never tried it!

I'll be interested to see how you get on, best of luck! :)

Also, I'm not sure if it's in the newest books or not but one of the B choices up to now has always been 1tbsp of olive oil. I have a feeling they've taken that out of the choices now but from reading posts on here, it seems many people still use this option.

Sorry to say, the oil has been removed...but on the other hand, why fix something that's not broken?

Thanks. :) I'm afraid I haven't. I don't eat a lot of processed food, but when I do, I can't work out how to add it in, for instance I have 10g pea protein in my morning nutriblast. I was thinking that I might pop along to a group meeting to try and make sense of it all and get some help working things out.

Thanks. :) I'm afraid I haven't. I don't eat a lot of processed food, but when I do, I can't work out how to add it in, for instance I have 10g pea protein in my morning nutriblast. I was thinking that I might pop along to a group meeting to try and make sense of it all and get some help working things out.

Sounds like a good idea...glad you are still trying though xx

Thanks! Things are a bit more difficult for me due to all the things I have to cut out (eggs, dairy, grains) so it's not quite as straightforward as I would have hoped.

Back