SW Online - Questionable Syns Value

Corblimey

Can anyone shed any light on some strange syn values online?

I have been looking for the syn value of the Morrison's NUME sausages (they don't seem to be on yet) and while searching I came across some products which don't seem to make sense -

NuMe Chicken in Tomato & Basil Sauce with Roast Potatoes, chilled, 375g pack
EE 5 Original 5 Green 7.5

NuMe Chicken in White Wine Sauce with White Rice, chilled, 400g pack
EE 4 Original 4 Green 16

Surely they can't have the same value on Red days AND EE, the sauce and any oil used etc would contain syns but the pots/rice would have an extra syn value on Red as they aren't free food so either the value for EE is wrong or the value for Red should be higher

Here's another one-
NuMe Chicken Arrabbiata with Pasta, chilled, 450g pack
11syns on all plans
How can this be????? It doesn't make sense!!! :confused:

I have come across syn values before that seem dubious but I really can't work this out - perhaps I'm missing something
Anyone have any thoughts??

NuMe Chicken in Tomato & Basil Sauce with Roast Potatoes, chilled, 375g pack
EE 5 Original 5 Green 7.5

NuMe Chicken in White Wine Sauce with White Rice, chilled, 400g pack
EE 4 Original 4 Green 16

Surely they can't have the same value on Red days AND EE, the sauce and any oil used etc would contain syns but the pots/rice would have an extra syn value on Red as they aren't free food so either the value for EE is wrong or the value for Red should be higher

Potatoes & Rice in the quantities you get in a ready meal are fairly msall tbh. The syn value of 200g of potatoes on a red day is only 6 syns, and I seriously doubt that there is that much potaot in a ready meal! Most of the syns will be fom the oil in the tomato & basil sauce.

The 2nd one seems a bit wrong tbh.

Here's another one-
NuMe Chicken Arrabbiata with Pasta, chilled, 450g pack
11syns on all plans
How can this be????? It doesn't make sense!!! :confused:

I have come across syn values before that seem dubious but I really can't work this out - perhaps I'm missing something
Anyone have any thoughts??

The pasta is probably fresh pasta & hence isn;'t free This is the only thing i can think off as a reaso why

I've found this as well, I think it lazy of them not to figure out a value for EE. Instead they say count the lowest but something that has equal amounts of meat and potatoes could be VERY LOW syns on EE but quite high on red and green as you have the extra syns (sausage and mash ready meal is a good example)!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks for the replies :)

I hadn't realised that SW were just using the lowest values to calculate values duh!- I know they do this with other items but you are right it's lazy of them not to work out the value on EE when red and green foods are combined

I don't even eat ready meals so I don't know why I am complaining lol, I think I just like to have a moan when something doesn't make sense! - but they are short changing people out of syns which is rather unfair

Corblimey said:
Thankyou. I didn't buy them just incase they were high. Have you tried them? do you think they are worth the extra 0.5syn compared to their old ones?
x

I think they taste meatier than the old ones. Worth 1 syn IMO.

Back