SW Online vs Meetings

clairex

Silver Member
Im sure this question has been asked lots of times, but i'd like everyones opinions!

I've done sw quite a few times, and i've always lost the most weight with it. But im rubbish and havent stuck to it.

I find that i dont get a lot out of the meetings, ive been to various different groups, and none of the ladies running the groups have been particularly helpful (am i just unlucky?) - they weigh you, go round the group saying who's lost what - and thats it. If were lucky they might have mentioned a low syn pasta snack or something. There was never any tips or motivation. I found most of my motivation from minimims!!

I was just wondering what the people who do it online thought, is it enough to keep you going on those low moments? or do you miss group? are your groups super motivational and im just really unlucky with the 4 or 5 ladies i had as sw consultants.

Is the online just what you have access to when you go to the meetings?

So many questions, hope someone can help me!

Definately group for me! We get so much motivation and tips I think youve just been unlucky. If I just done it online Id let myself get away with everything lol.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hiya,

I have been going to meetings a few weeks, but never done it online.
My groups are very good, there is always recipes floating around, print ups of updated syns from most loved brands...muller, mugshots etc...
After we have all weighed, we have a chat about our week, what we been up to, if we found out anything new, have we had any naughty days etc...then SWC will go around and announce losses and give any advice if there has been a hard week for someone. Then SOTW is announced and the winner gets to take a bag of fruit goodies home
There will be chats about any new products and the chance to ask questions.
After all this is the raffle, and I have won lots of different things which gave me the chance to try something new that I wouldn't have tried before (first try of mugshots + sugarfree jelly) which I now incorporate into my life/diet.
We are allowed to help ourselves to tea and coffee throughout the meeting too.
I couldn't do SW without going group (personally) as I need the pressure of weigh in day to keep me in check.

HTH

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

I was thinking the same thing since i'm a single mum and it's a nightmare getting time to myself to make a class. I have decided to give the class a go but i'll only be able to stay for 20 mins before i have to pick my daughter up from gym. At least i'll get all the info and weigh in each week. I looked at the online cost and it's sooooooooooo expensive too :(

paigesmum30 said:
I was thinking the same thing since i'm a single mum and it's a nightmare getting time to myself to make a class. I have decided to give the class a go but i'll only be able to stay for 20 mins before i have to pick my daughter up from gym. At least i'll get all the info and weigh in each week. I looked at the online cost and it's sooooooooooo expensive too :(

Can you not pick her up and go back to class? It normally takes 30 mins to weigh everyone at our group and image therapy last about an hour, maybe longer, but of course you can leave when you want to.
Our meeting place happens to be a toddler group place too (at different times of course) so there is always toys in the cupboards if any little ones get bored.
Good luck choosing what is right for you x

Can you not pick her up and go back to class? It normally takes 30 mins to weigh everyone at our group and image therapy last about an hour, maybe longer, but of course you can leave when you want to.
Our meeting place happens to be a toddler group place too (at different times of course) so there is always toys in the cupboards if any little ones get bored.
Good luck choosing what is right for you x

I think i'd rather saw off my own arm lol, my daughter can't sit still for 5 seconds or keep her mouth shut :8855:mummy, mummy, mummy, mummy and so on hahaha :)

I do online slimming world, have alot to lose and not comfortable to go to a class yet.
I think i am more the other way i find the pressure of a "public" weighin very stressfull. the online cost is quite high but you pay it in one go and thats it done for 3 months, i am planning to use 12 month subscription when i renew in nov.
My way of looking at it if you cheat you are only cheating yourself, so i suppose it depends on your state of mind.
I don't miss all the tips and hints from a class cos i get them from here lol.
Online and minimins works for me !!!!!!

Group is so much better. If there was a) one near enough to me and b) that fitted in with work, I would be there like a shot. I do online and as you can see from over there <<<<<< I struggle to stay focused.

It's pretty much the same as the online access from group.

KraziKayzi said:
Hiya,

I have been going to meetings a few weeks, but never done it online.
My groups are very good, there is always recipes floating around, print ups of updated syns from most loved brands...muller, mugshots etc...
After we have all weighed, we have a chat about our week, what we been up to, if we found out anything new, have we had any naughty days etc...then SWC will go around and announce losses and give any advice if there has been a hard week for someone. Then SOTW is announced and the winner gets to take a bag of fruit goodies home
There will be chats about any new products and the chance to ask questions.
After all this is the raffle, and I have won lots of different things which gave me the chance to try something new that I wouldn't have tried before (first try of mugshots + sugarfree jelly) which I now incorporate into my life/diet.
We are allowed to help ourselves to tea and coffee throughout the meeting too.
I couldn't do SW without going group (personally) as I need the pressure of weigh in day to keep me in check.

HTH

Ditto :) exact same at my group

KraziKayzi said:
Maybe we go to the same group ahaa x

Haha imagine eh x

I work a completely random shift pattern which would of meant having to go to a different group on different weeks which although possible I probably wouldn't of stayed for the meetings as hate that part after WI and waiting for it to start trying to make small talk with strangers as am crap at it! :eek: So i've switched to online and find this site is a fantastic substitute :D

Back