Sw or cc

Lisa123

Silver Member
Has anyone tried to combine both of these diets?
I was doing cc but would use all my calories on chocolate so have moved to sw to make better choices with food.

Do you think its possible to combine the two diets?

I'm the other way! I've gone from SW to CC as SW teaches me nothing about portion control! With regards to combining the two, I found it difficult as I was eating loads of unlimited or free food so was disheartened by all of the calories I was eating! But hey, I'm proper greedy!!!!!!

When I started calorie counting it was when I was still doing SW, mostly because I am really rubbish at portion control and I was astonished by how many calories i was actually eating just through the free foods. Now I only do CC because I prefer the freedom it gives me on a daily basis, but SW certainly taught me a lot about balance and which foods to reach for and which to avoid. Good luck :)

I started on SW but switched to CC. However I do stick to the principles of SW- like the HEX A&B and of course SW chips! :) I've just found that CC has offered me a bit more flexibility...I have a hectic social and work life and it's a lot easier for me to keep on track counting calories. But it's whatever works for you :)

Thanks for the comments.

That is my concern im eating so much free food calorie wise although I'm not actually counting it if that makes sense.

Out of interest did you lose weight on slimming world?

:)

Also one other thing to lose weight I need to have 1600 calories. Do you think if I do sw most days but if im going out say to harvester or somewhere or if i want a cheat day where i say have chip shop for example then I could do cc for the day. This would be ridiculously high on syns but still under my calorie allowance.

Would appreciate your feedback.

Thanks again :)

Yep, I'm another who switched from SW to CC because of the portion control! I was bloated and sluggish from living on green day unlimited carbs and whilst I *did* lost a stone over two months, I'm not sure it was the correct way for my body to do it. I started losing a lot more regularly when I switched to CC and 5:2 fasting. I completely changed my eating habits and now have much smaller portions. To be honest, my brain still looks at my meal and thinks "Hrmph! Is that IT?" but to my amazement I am now finding that my stomach really has shrunk and I'll feel full when I've eaten... sometimes I even LEAVE a little... and that was previous unheard of!!! :p

In the beginning with SW I did lose weight, just because I was under eating compared to what I had been eating to gain the weight. I think it didn't help when i had cheat days on SW because I didn't really appreciate how bad some foods were in terms of calories, whereas now when I choose things in the supermarket I will be put up by the amount of calories I read on the packet.

I lost with SW as well but have lost more CC'ing.
I have 1370 cals a day but if I go over (I've been to two weddings and had a girly weekend away all in the last 3 weeks and still lost weight every week!) then I just make sure I stay "on it" for the rest of the days, whereas before I would just write the whole week off.

Hi. Cc is much better but I have been bad the last few days. I feel sick and need a kick to motivate myself

Sent from my GT-I9305 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I am trying to follow some of the principles of SW to try to get me to eat more good foods I am basically a junk food eater bread, beer,meat processed or not!!!But I use my fitness pal for CC but it says 1200 cals which I think is to low it would take to much maintenance if I ever reach my goal,so I don't fret if I go over,I am trying to get a balance for a healthy lifestyle change

icloud.... you can set your own calories on MFP by going to your home page and clicking on "goals" and then "change goals" at the bottom of that page. If you then click on "custom", you can put your own targets in :)

I got to target on Sw but put a stone back on , I am going to try CC I think it might suit me better as I used to eat too much free food I think this will dicapline me more and I know what im eating and how much

Back