Sw quiche!

Had a quorn sausage sw quiche today for work in pack up box..was lovely and made a nice change from sarnies and free'd a healthy B for me lol (Green day) woohoo..!

:D

Thanks guys!!!!!! Unfortunately didn't have time to make it ready for tomoro lunch but will make it tomoro for day after lunch lol x

Ooh I am making this for the first time tonight! Is it syn free on green if made with 500g Sainsburys low fat (couldn't find fat free) cottage cheese and 3 medium to large eggs, I've put in a sliced onion, 2 sliced mushrooms, a sliced up orange pepper, salt and pepper, topped with sliced tomato and grated 28g half fat cheddar over the top? How much of this can I eat in one day? I'm thinking I might have some for breakfast (getting bored of porridge) and maybe for a snack in the afternoon if peckish? Would that be too much?

I like the sound of this will have to give it a go

Loved it so much I'm going to make another one. Thanks so much for this recipe. Has anyone tried it with onion and chive cottage cheese? Just got some from sainsburys which is free....looks good

I like to use the Asda Red Pepper and Sweet Chilli cottage cheese )half a syn per 100g) as it gives the quiche a bit of warmth.

They also have some new ones out - black pepper, pear and apple, and coronation flavour that I might try at some point.

You can make this quiche with batchelors pasta n sauce. Blend 3 eggs and a tub of vlf nautral cottage cheese together and mix with a cooked and cooled packet of pasta n sauce. I use to the tomato and herb and add halved cherry toms and sliced onion into the mix but the broc and cheese is nice if you add little floretts of broc. Its even better with a h/e a or b choice portion of cheese on the top!
defo going to try this :)

As long as it takes to set basically - will depend on oven and temperature. I do mine at GM4 and it takes about 45 minutes.

Do you know if there's anything else you could use instead of cottage cheese??

I'm sure I've read somewhere that you can make it with fat free fromage frais and egg.

Some people use quark instead of cottage cheese :)

You can't really tell that it's cottage cheese (if that's what you're bothered about). I tend to blend 3 eggs with 150g cottage cheese to give it a really smooth and creamy consistency.

I love SW quiche! :heartpump:

Last night I had some left over mashed potato so I made a quiche with a mash base - omg! It was so good :eating:

Thankyou will have to try that instead

I made mine with cottage cheese but despite mixing well with electric mixer I could tell it was cottage cheese, and found it a bit too "cottage cheesy". Will try with fromage frais next time.

Quark works best with this, I've found. I don't like cottage cheese and still can taste it despite it being cooked!

hi im new to slimming world and think this sounds lovely and was wanting to know if it has any syns in im following the extra easy plan

rrsweeney said:
hi im new to slimming world and think this sounds lovely and was wanting to know if it has any syns in im following the extra easy plan

No it has no syns if u use the virtually fat free cottage cheese, and u can put anything u like on it on ee day!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

i'll have to try this this weekend - sounds like something I would like and could eat for weekend lunches :D

Back