Sw quiche!

Just a quick question about sw quiche!

Does anyone know how to make this without cottage cheese? Cottage cheese makes me gag but I really want to make a quiche! Thanks :)

I made it last time using baby bel light chopped into 6-8 little chunks and scattered in. Was lovely but had to remember to count as syns or hex a

I used to make it just with a splash of milk, couple of eggs and add any veg etc xx

Is it the texture of the cottage cheese you dont like? Because if so, using a hand blender and mixing them with the eggs makes it perfectly smooth and thus the texture of the cottage cheese disappears entirely.

I can't eat cottage cheese on its own, can't put it anywhere near my mouth, but when it's in this, it's fine, it doesn't taste or look like cottage cheese... If you can force yourself past the stage of it mixing with the eggs, it really is worth it!! :D
I think some people use quark instead but I haven't tried it myself.

What fillings would you all suggest?

I'm another one who can't stand cottage cheese, but as others have said, if it is whisked into the eggs really well it is not recognisable once cooked.

Just a quick question about sw quiche!

Does anyone know how to make this without cottage cheese? Cottage cheese makes me gag but I really want to make a quiche! Thanks :)

Is this because you don't like it?

I can't stand cottage cheese, but when it's cooked in the quiche you can't taste it.

I think I might try blending the mixture next time though, just to get a smoother taste....never thought of that before! lol

Paula
-x-

What fillings would you all suggest?

I just put the usual boring cheese and ham in mine, but I have had a taste of one with broccoli in it, and it was delish!!

Some of the girls in my group also make it using the cheese and broccoli pasta bake.

Paula
-x-

Thanks Paula :)
I was thinking of roasting some peppers and chucking in some bacon, but then I decided that I might do a green day tomorrow, so best not put bacon in it.....!!
Broccoli could be good though, thankoo!!x

oooh love bacon in it, had it yesterday with bacon and mushroom and it tasted so yummy! Got to be smoked bacon though :) xx

Have searched for recipe on iPhone but can't find it, can anyone help?

350g tub of fat free cottage cheese, I like the ones with onion and/or chives in them and 3 eggs.

Dry fry whatever ingredients you want, such as mushrooms, onions, lean bacon etc.

Whisk the eggs and cottage cheese together season with black pepper and salt to taste and bake at 200 c for about 30 minutes.

Have searched for recipe on iPhone but can't find it, can anyone help?

You can adapt this in as many ways as you like but I always start with 3 beaten eggs and a pot of non-flavoured cottage cheese plus salt and pepper - mix well.
Add your fillings - bacon, ham, mushrooms, peppers, onions etc etc and bake in a medium oven (gas mark 5 or so) for 30 -45 mins until golden brown - watch it though it does like to go from pale to burnt in five mins!!
HTH xxx

Oooooo I'm defogonna try it, yeah it's everything about the cottage cheese, smell, taste, texture eerything just makes me gag! I'm gonna give it a go but get the oh to blend it for me lol x

I can vouch for the Quark quiche, 1 tub of quark to every 3 eggs. I add onions, chives and a couple of HExA's of cheese to mine then split it with my daughter, as long as you don't over cook it its reaaaallly lovely. I overcooked the last one I made and it went very dry.

TheMissus said:
I can vouch for the Quark quiche, 1 tub of quark to every 3 eggs. I add onions, chives and a couple of HExA's of cheese to mine then split it with my daughter, as long as you don't over cook it its reaaaallly lovely. I overcooked the last one I made and it went very dry.

How long do u cook it for? Do u do it in a flan type tin? Xx

How long do u cook it for? Do u do it in a flan type tin? Xx

I usually give mine abou 45 mins in a medium oven (GM5). It cook better slightly thicker - an 8" cake tin or pyrex dish is ideal. The 7" tin fitted the mix but dripped all over oven (v smokey and smelly!) and the wider tin made it too thin and scorched the bottom!!

I have a bacon and leek one in the oven right now for lunches tomorrow!!

Back