Extra Easy SW (re)Starter - What to stock up on?!

Lorayla

Hi guys!

I'll soon be starting my SW journey. Currently 15st, aiming for 11st or a size 10, whatever comes first. I've tried so many diets and other things. Had a personal trainer, had hypnotherapy, tried SW, tried WW, etc etc - I give up after the first week! It's so hard to keep my head in the game.

Anyway, hopefully now I am 100% focused and ready to start my journey - fingers crossed!

What do you guys recommend I should fill my cupboards with? Low syn snacks, tins of stuff, etc! I am allergic to nuts and most fruit so things get really difficult..

Thank you for any advice, words of wisdom or general inspiration!

Stacey x

Im subscribing cos im restarting too and would love to know what everyones staples are. Im doing it from this time cant afford the meetings. :(

Potatoes
Pasta
Rice
Beans
Psssata
Fat free natural yogurt
Any lean meat or fish
Eggs
Any veg
More veg
Double check you have tons of veg
Whatever fruit you can

I'm also restarting, I've lost track of how many times I have restarted, but I have to do it as I am getting to the stage where I need to buy the next size up! I need to stop with ther excuses and start a fresh but my will power is rubbish. When I am able I will follow some diaries to help with ideas.

Added to above - I always make sure I have plenty of tinned tomatoes, beans - any kind including baked, kidney, pinto, butter beans etc etc, spagetti and mushy peas. Cottage cheese, quark and lean cooked meats are good also, crab sticks, tuna, salmon and sardines or pilchards you can have them in tomato sauce. Added to this get lots of different herbs and spices, garlic, ginger and chilli, and stock cubes that really help ramp up the taste.

Last edited:
I'm also restarting, I've lost track of how many times I have restarted, but I have to do it as I am getting to the stage where I need to buy the next size up! I need to stop with ther excuses and start a fresh but my will power is rubbish. When I am able I will follow some diaries to help with ideas.

Me too! About to need to buy a Size 20 and it's devastating for me, but I just can't find the willpower to do anything for any length of time.

Thank you for all the ideas guys! I've written them down to do a big shop with, if it's all in the fridge/cupboards then I have no excuse! :)

Hi Stacey what I would do is menu plan as much as you can, look over the recipes in here and plan out your week and then build your shop around that - you can build up then over the weeks your store cupboard of things you need to have in all the time. Menu planning not only saves you time but it saves money too. When I cook I double batch which means I make one lot for me and one for the freezer for those nights when I come home from work and I am just too tired to cook much xx

Hi Stacey

I am a Stacey too lol. ;)
I went back to group tonight with a small gain over Christmas and I did a shop tonight ready for my new week ahead.

Its always handy to have a shopping list when re-starting sw so you can set yourself off on the right path.
Here are my must haves:

Eggs
low fat/fat free cottage cheese
Vegetables such as salad stuff - lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, red onions, spring onions, radish, celery, peppers, chillies.
Other vegetables such as potatoes, carrots, sweet potatoes, cauliflower, brocolli, green beans, cabbage, brussels, leeks, mushrooms etc.
Favourite fruits - I picked up things like satsumas, apples, melon, watermelon, grapes.

Meats/Fish - fresh sliced ham, crab sticks, tins of tuna, plain cod/haddocks, salmon, chicken, bacon, beef, steaks, mince 5% fat is syn free but others has syns so be sure to check the label carefully when buying.

Frozen veggies are handy to have if you don't want to buy lots of fresh stuff.

I always have plenty of tinned/carton stuff in my cupboards - baked beans, chopped tomatoes, passata, mushy peas, mixed vegetables, kidney beans, sweetcorn.

Packets of food such as pasta, rice, lentils, noodles, couscous, spaghetti.

Frylight, sweetener, stocks such as Oxo/Bovril are great, herbal/fruit teas, spices, soy sauce, Hellmanns lighter than light mayo for 1 syn per level tbsp.
Diet drinks or syn free squash if you dont like water.

As for synned stuff I love to keep in things like low syn crisps, Hoops & Crosses for 4 syns, Skips for 4 syns, Space raiders for 3 syns. Options, WW or highlights hot chocolates for 2 syns, mini snack size chocolate bars which vary between 2.5 to 4 syns each. Fully size Curly Wurlys are 6 syns, mini babybel lights (3 for HEA or 2 syns each).

If you go to group the hifi bars are lovely too or you can have 2 Alpen lights for HEB.
Things for your healthy extras too, cheese, milk, cereal, porridge, bread, crispbreads.... check your book for the allowances and brands etc.
I hope all this information helps hun.
Good luck xxxx

I started class last night but im know im not going to be back on it untill weve eaten some of the crap thats left over from xmas, not much to go now just a few 'jar' meals and stuff,
but i always think a few basics are,
fry light
passata
soy sauce
herbs and spices,
chopped tomatos
baked beans
pasta and sauce
mugshots
low syn crisps
cooked meat
chicken breast