SW restaurant

Just googled Slimming world restaurant
Found this
Restaurant Details
Not sure if its still open am having a look. would be interesting to see how they went about the SW menu.

Hey hun just thought id say this restaurant no longer does the SW friendly meals :( i only know as its where i was gonna go this year with my sister for our joint birthday, we decided to ring before hand and they said they no longer do SW meals there. :cry:

Hey hun just thought id say this restaurant no longer does the SW friendly meals :( i only know as its where i was gonna go this year with my sister for our joint birthday, we decided to ring before hand and they said they no longer do SW meals there. :cry:

Thats rubbish, thanks for letting me know, i'll not contact them then!

Have been researching into the WW plan too, to see how a menu might work for both plans.

Still really keen to make this a workable project....

Im looking into the same kindaish thing as u hun, wanna cook sw meals lol i love them and have had loadsa ppl say they would buy my meals if i did them and sold them. Dunno how id get round it though if i did them from my house :D i know id not be able to market them as "SLIMMING WORLD" meals but surely id be able to do it as low fat low cal meals????
Am also hopeing to get in touch with a good friend whos a head chef in a hotel in outwell in cambs and throw a few ideas at him n see if he would be willing to do a few meals on maybe the lunchtime menu :eek:) xx

Thats rubbish, thanks for letting me know, i'll not contact them then!

Have been researching into the WW plan too, to see how a menu might work for both plans.

Still really keen to make this a workable project....

Its a shame WW dont do there core plan no more cos that was pretty much the same as sw EE plan wasnt it?? or so i heard lol.
The skinnimax thing is great isnt it..... Would be a dream to have that kinda thing here lol ohhhhh well i can but dream eh ;) x

I've just got a friends old WW books ( i recuited her from the dark side to SW, lol) so looking through those to see how my fav and low syn SW meals would pan out in WW points.

Everyone i have spoken to says what a fab idea and they would eat there. just need to get pen to paper and start making some sort of business plan and get studying on how to open/ run a restaurant.

My Hubby joined club, because his girl mate wanted to join but not on her own, so persueded him to join to........ I had been cooking her evening meals and sending them over with instructions, she just gave me a bit of money for ingredients and time. I thougt about doing that too, but i think you would need so many H&S checks and fridges for meat and non meat etc..... such different rules for commercial kitchens.

Where in Cambridge are you? I'm not too far from Cambridge

In cambridgeshire hun lil place called leverington near wisbech :D
Im gonna have to try and get friends ww books to borrow too or try n buy some off ebay so i can reserch a bit more so i know i get the full syns, points and cals etc. Not gonna be easy work but im prepared to give it a go and see how i get on, H & S will be a pain in the butt but im just gonna go for it cos if i dont do it now and try and follow this dream i know i never will lol and if i do fail i can at least i tryed hehe.
Im also hopeing the chef friend will kinda help out a little and maybe try a few recipes on his menu as there is a sw group in the little village where he works ;) so could benefit him and the hotel in the long run :) x

In cambridgeshire hun lil place called leverington near wisbech :D
Im gonna have to try and get friends ww books to borrow too or try n buy some off ebay so i can reserch a bit more so i know i get the full syns, points and cals etc. Not gonna be easy work but im prepared to give it a go and see how i get on, H & S will be a pain in the butt but im just gonna go for it cos if i dont do it now and try and follow this dream i know i never will lol and if i do fail i can at least i tryed hehe.
Im also hopeing the chef friend will kinda help out a little and maybe try a few recipes on his menu as there is a sw group in the little village where he works ;) so could benefit him and the hotel in the long run :) x

Cool, we should combine research. make East Anglia the capital of diet friendly eating :)

Oh my, I've only just finished page 1 of 3 yet, but just wanted to repeat something mentioned earlier here. I would highly recommend getting yourself a job in a restaurant. Doesn't matter what it is really, but to get some experience from the trade would be incredibly valuable. It is something that banks and financiers will be asking for.

With regards to the business approach, I concur with above mentioned. Team up with a strategic marketer if you can, to research location, market attractiveness and etc.

I know a lady who used to run a restaurant which menus would state the syn values, ww points and so on. She didn't target the pub restaurant as a slimming restaurant as such though. I think a valuable point there is to think how can you make your restaurant appeal to as wide a restaurant as possible, but make a point of it also being slimming club friendly.

I could talk about this all day (I work in marketing!), but I'm running late for work!!! Best of luck!!!! :)

Lots of love, Caramelle X X X

To be honest, I'm not sure of a specific "diet" restaurant. What I tend to do when I'm out is ask for ingredients in things. If there is soup on the menu I'll ask if there's cream in it. If it's a goats cheese salad I'll ask for a small amount of goats cheese, I'll ask for fat free dressing or no dressing at all.

We all know what fantastic meals we can cook on SW/WW etc but does everyone else want to eat it? When I go for a curry I ask them to use a very minimal amount of oil, and they do.

There are so many places to eat and let's face it, when we eat out we tend to do so for a treat.
I love the idea of a takeaway lunch type place with sandwiches/salads etc but you'd still need to offer larger rolls etc as not many people want a 57g roll.

I know SW and WW are very popular diets, but if you look at the percentage of the population who eat out who are not on such diets there's probably a much bigger percentage.

Just my opinion, I'm not saying I wouldn't eat at such a place but my fave restaurant are very accomodating when it comes to healthy eating - we just need to learn to ask.

Back