SW Roasties

Thanks for posting this - I'm intruiged and going to have a go at the weekend!!!

i have made them this way after reading the recipe here, they are delicious infact we all prefer them to roasties made with oil or goose-fat which is how i usually make them for the non- slimmers who come for dinner. xx

I just made these for our Sunday roast and had new pots on standby just in case they weren't nice as I wasn't convinced it wouldn't work.....how wrong was I?! Totally fab, I am going to do my roasties like this every time now!!! They tasted like they had been roasted in loads of fat (in a good way if you know what I mean!) Really crispy and tasty!! Thanks for the idea!!!

Well just had my oxo roasties and they were to die for, so thank very much for the idea and recipe xx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

LilmissMunchies said:
These sound delicious!!!I am definitely going to try these later with our roast!!
Do you turn them halfway or leave them? Do you peel skins or leave them on? What gas Mark and how long do you put them on for?

I have read variations to these roasties so it would be nice to see a step by step on what you do to make them!!
I can't wait to try them! :eating:

I peeled mine and par boiled for about 5 mins
Put them in a roasting tin
Poured in the stock to about halfway up the potato
Sprayed the tops with fry light
I put them on at 180 degrees for about 50 mins, don't turn them or they won't go crispy
ENJOY!!!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Tried these today , normally my roasties are done in goose fat or beef dripping so was a little apprehensive but omg they were delicious !! Par boiled them for about 5 mins , tossed them around in the pan and then put them in a roasting pan with the liquid up just over a quarter of the potato . Roasted for about 50 mins , all the family loved them :D

mummy-of-2-monkeys, how long did you cook yours for and did you turn them at all

I love to add marmite on mine as adds a nice glavour to them and they look less annemic lol

Once par boiled or microwaved use a silicone basting brush to rub marmite over the tats it melts a bit as you do it from the heat of the potatos :)

Fry light them add some herbs or salt if you like and cook in oven until crispy :) yum yum!

But you either live marmite or hate it so hoping you like it hehe :)

These sound great been craving a roast since starting SW, do you reckon it would work with veggie stock cubes instead, i dont have chicken in the house?

Back