SW the Vegan or Vegetarian way....

I think the sausages and meatballs will be popular. I will get some for the boys to try i think. I heard that the food will all be syn free too which is great if it's true.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using MiniMins.com mobile app

It is true, the meals, sausages and meatballs will all be syn free and the recipe for the meals will be on the back of the box if you want to try and make it yourself x

Sent from my D6503 using MiniMins.com mobile app

There are two vegetarian SW meals at Iceland: the sweet potato curry and a roasted vegetable pasta. My husband has bought me one each, but we haven't tasted them yet. Also bought some meatballs in tomato sauce for our daughter.
They are £3 each, but they are big portions. And there is no rice for the curry, so all 550g is the meal.

Dear husband says there were half a dozen women coming out of Iceland when he arrived, with bags full of SW meals...

hi all any clue on how meany syns are in the meet the alternative beef style pieces..i ordered on line Asda and wanted the quorn style.But got sent this as they didn't have any...And ive tried everywhere but just carnt seem to fine it....Thanks all xx

The only Meet The Alternative product I could find on the SW website was the Beef Mince, which is free on all plans.

Hi All, can I ask you a question?
Do you sometimes struggle with the SW bread allowance?
If I have Weetabix for breakfast, then I have only 2 slices of bread left. I bake my own (wholemeal) bread, it's really yummy and nutritious. There is practically no fat in it. But if I get hungry, and I want an extra slice of bread (with some soft cheese from my HexA), I have to syn it as 3. If I eat some Mugshots (which contains no nutrition as far as I can see), that's free or 0.5 syn. I've always considered these Mugshots as junk food, and never used to buy them. How can they be better for you than a slice of bread?
Sorry for the rant, but when I "hiccup" on SW, it's because of the bread.

I seem to have killed this thread... :-(

I've tasted both the sweet potato curry and the vegetable pasta from Iceland, and I don't like either of them. Oh, well. I'm sure it's just me, though, and lots of people will like them.

I seem to have killed this thread... :-( I've tasted both the sweet potato curry and the vegetable pasta from Iceland, and I don't like either of them. Oh, well. I'm sure it's just me, though, and lots of people will like them.
I was really disappointed that one of the veg options was a pasta, that is so easy to make quickly. I was hoping more for the curry but to be honest don't eat ready meals but thought it was worth having one in - pity they don't sound that good

i have a freezer compartment full of the pasta one :D But haven't tried them yet.My consultant said thay was getting more of the veggie ones in...And they have the sauces coming to soon :D Cant wait :p x

Hello peoples!

Newbie here. Just joined SW and started my journey to getting to grips with my weight and this diet as a transitioning vegan (given up all dairy for health reasons and now trying to completely cut out other animal products).

Any tips greatly welcomed.

Was shocked to see that Green has gone from the books. Do you guys prefer green as veggie/vegans or do you do Extra Easy?

Looking forward to hearing from you>

Jems Xxx

Hello! Another newbie here.
Been doing SW for 6 weeks now and transitioned from vegetarian to vegan a couple of months ago.

Really glad there's a thread like this!

I'm doing ee and have lost 19.5lbs so far. Only another 50lbs til target. Ha.

Oh goodness, I hadn't realised this thread was still going. Hello everyone. I do green all the way, it is still available on the SW website as a pdf but I'm miffed they've taken away the Green syn value from the website. Although, AFAIK, the green syns always were the same as the EE values.

... unless there is some meat in it :-D
(it is the same syns as EE)

Hello, Newbies, welcome!

Yes, I do Green / EE.
The only difference between doing Green and EE without meat is that you can have 2 HeAs and 2 HeBs on Green. That's an extra cheese sandwich, if you like.

Made beetroot falafel last night and it was deeeelish! Had it in a WW 50/50 wrap (hexb) with tesco piri piri hummus (only 1.5 syn per tbsp), salsa, pickled gherkins, cucumber, baby gem lettuce and grated carrot - best vegan recipe ever!

Yummmma! x

Hmmm beetroot falafel- could you pat the recipe please? We always have a huge crop of beetroot and I love falafel

Thank you!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com

Made beetroot falafel last night and it was deeeelish! Had it in a WW 50/50 wrap (hexb) with tesco piri piri hummus (only 1.5 syn per tbsp), salsa, pickled gherkins, cucumber, baby gem lettuce and grated carrot - best vegan recipe ever!

Yummmma! x

Sounds yum, recipe please?

Back