SW Website and the food abuse debate

rainbow_brite

I was just looking at the members meals section of the SW website...and Smash pizzas and couscous pancakes are on there! I was surprised!

Hey,

Is there anywhere which states that using it as a meal is ok but not need Tobermory synned as a snack? X

The food abuse thing is confusing, our consultant give us the recipe for smash pizza. She also brought in chickpea cake. I think in moderation its fine and free,

geordie_lass21 said:
The food abuse thing is confusing, our consultant give us the recipe for smash pizza. She also brought in chickpea cake. I think in moderation its fine and free,

She could quote easily loose the right to hold classes for doing either or those things. Ground chickpeas are synned, full stop, and smash now has syns too.

She could quote easily loose the right to hold classes for doing either or those things. Ground chickpeas are synned, full stop, and smash now has syns too.

I've just checked the website and smash doesn't appear to have syns unless you're on a red day. However as far as I'm concerned chickpea cake does sound like food abuse! It's along the same lines as the cous cous cake!

Smash, Buttery, made up with water, 100g Free 3 Free Smash, Original, made up with water 100g Free 2½ Free

Last edited:
Stoffie said:
I've just checked the website and smash doesn't appear to have syns unless you're on a red day. However as far as I'm concerned chickpea cake does sound like food abuse! It's along the same lines as the cous cous cake!

Smash, Buttery, made up with water, 100g Free 3 Free Smash, Original, made up with water 100g Free 2½ Free

There's def one that's Syns, but can't remember which one. I've never eaten it myself so don't take too much notice tbh!

Yep, some of the more exotic ones do have syns but the basic ones are OK! I never knew there were so many different types of smash!!!

It's a bit of a comfort food to me but I would never use it except with a main meal. Our consultant talked about making smash sausage rolls as a snack but again it didn't sound right to a couple of us.

What is this food abuse thing you all speak of??

The New Recipe one does, it's 1 syn a packet now (88g packet):

Smash, Buttery, made up with water, 100g made up Free
Smash, Original, made up with water, 100g made up Free
Smash, Cheddar & Onion, made up with water, 100g made up ½
Smash, Original, New Recipe with Full Cream Milk, dried, 88g sachet 1
Smash, Original, New Recipe with Full Cream Milk, made up with water, 100g made up ½

Back