SW weight gain

Heya Hun - Welcome to this site and SW. Sorry about your gain and that your feeling disheartened but SW does work *Hugs*

I have a few questions for you: Are you eating enough fruit? Are you drinking enough water and eating enough? Also when you are doing EE are you having 1/3 superfree? Is it possible for you to post a food diary so we can see what your eating please?

Did your C offer any advice?

Once on my first week on SW (as I have done this more than once) - I stayed the same and I was upset as I thought I had followed the plan to the letter - however, I had over induldged on fruit - I know it supposed to all be free - but I had gorged on the stuff - and ate loads of grapes and bananas and cherries ................. the C said I had had probably too much fruit and to cut out the Cherries and bananas and grapes - just for a couple of weeks to see if it made a difference. I cut out all fruit and just ate the veggies.

2nd week I lost 5lb's?

Not saying that this is a problem for you - but wondered what your C made of it? did you do a food diary for group?

Hope Tuesday is kinder to you.

It might just be your body getting used to a different regime.

Thanks sum and time2bslim for your words of support. I must admit when i stepped on those scales in the meeting i laughed in utter disbelief (before progressing to distraught on the way home) and the leader's face went really pale. I saved a bunch of syns to cover me for valentines dinner the day before my weigh in and the rugby 2 days before that. I can only imagine that 'banking' the syns for use in the few days before weigh-in may have took its toll. Last week I didn't drink much water so I've made more of an effort with that. This week I have tried to eat less bananas and less muller yogurts. I've also increased my fruit and veg a bit. Here's an example of 3 days menus this past week:
Thur - EE
HEA milk
HEB weetabix
1 bite of bagel
baked beans
butternut squash soup
salad with 1 tablesp light mayo
cod, flour dusted and breadcrumbed
SW chips, mushy peas
yog, banana, quarter of a biscuit

fri-green
HEA milk x2
HEB weetabix
rice with aubergine, toms, mushroom
large tub fat free plain yog
rice, lentils, veg curry
small bit of cake

sat-red
HEA milk x2
HEB nimble
sardines in tom sauce
3 apples
grilled bacon and egg
ketchup
2 tins tuna, mayo, roast veg
sm bit of cake

I have been eating quite large quantities, but that's coz I've got a big appetite. Def eating a lot more than on ww, which left me hungry a lot. The group leader at sw suggested that the transition from one diet to the other may have had an impact and asked me to bring in a food diary on tuesday. She also suggested aiming for 5-10 syns max. Will be gutted if I gain again.

Thur - EE
HEA milk
HEB weetabix
I take it you are measuring your HEX a & b's.
1 bite of bagel
How big a bite? What was on it? Look up the syns
baked beans
butternut squash soup
Was this home-made? If not, it might have hidden syns
salad with 1 tablesp light mayo
Check the syns for the mayo
cod, flour dusted and breadcrumbed
The cod (although free) would have syns for the flour and breadcrumbs
SW chips, mushy peas
yog, banana, quarter of a biscuit
What biscuit? Check the syns.

fri-green
HEA milk x2
HEB weetabix
rice with aubergine, toms, mushroom
large tub fat free plain yog
rice, lentils, veg curry
small bit of cake
How big is a small bit of cake? What type of cake? Try to work out the syns

sat-red
HEA milk x2
HEB nimble
sardines in tom sauce
3 apples
grilled bacon and egg
Did you take the fat off the bacon? Did you use frylight to cook the egg?
ketchup
How much ketchup? Check the syns.
2 tins tuna, mayo, roast veg
What mayo? Did you measure it?
sm bit of cake
As above re: size and type

If you don't know how many syns you have been having, it's easy to under-estimate. If you haven't measured or weighed the things you should, that is another area where syns could sneak in.

You have said that you have just come over from ww.. if you were hungry on that diet, it could be just the change of diet that is confusing your body!!!

Stick it out for another week and see how you do...

HTH

On your green and red days you can have 2 x heb's, you only seem to have had 1 heb on each of these days.

Unless you've actually eaten the 17500 extra calories needed to gain 5lbs, then it's likely to be water, not fat.

Stick with it and keep up the superfree and you'll see results soon.

Are you also eating Fat Free Mullers yogurts? and i agree with Lonestitcher are you counting the bite of cake and biscuits in your daily syns?

Stick to it as it can be your body adjusting to the change of diets and you can try to eat more superfree foods :)

I also switched straight from WW to slimming world, expecting miracles as that time around WW wasn't working for me.
I STS the first week, lost 1.5 lbs the second and STS the third - Not a good weight loss by any means, but I am eating a lot healthier, particularly with the 1/3 superfree and feel better and fuller, so I'm going to stick with it for a couple of weeks, and see what happens.

Hi Lonestitcher and sum. I've syned every crumb. Soup was homemade, the cake was delia's sw-friendly cake that I managed to portion into 18 peices, been using lighter than light hellmans (.5 syn per level tablespoon), always use frylight and remove any visible fat, syned flour and breadcrumb dustings etc. Finding it all very bizarre. After reading some of the sw posts I am certainly going to reduce banana intake and muller ff yogs, just for good measure.
Jennyonaplate, I really really hope some of the gain is just water. The strange thing is that my clothes don't feel different. How much water do you all drink? I always aim for 2 litres but never get past 1 litre.
Eternity, I'm so in awe of your weight loss. Do you do mainly green, red or ee?

I would think as well swapping from ww to sw you are eating all the free things that you had to point on ww, so yes you body could be reacting to that. stick to it.. only you know what you are doing and you will see the results, good luck x

So what did your consultant say when she read your food diary for th week? surely she must have offered some advice?

It's your first week, don't do any of the "panic" things like reducing bananas and muller lights at this stage unless you are eating something like 4 of each a day! Drinking water is good, but as advised on the SW website, it does not miraculously make you lose weight, so don't worry if you don't drink lots. It's good for you, but won't stop you losing.

It's so demoralising to gain on a first week but I really think it will have something to do with a meal out the night before. Whether you saved syns or not, a big meal the day before WI would make me weigh more regardless of if I'd saved syns up!
Just trust the plan, it does work.

I agree with jay lou did you show your consultant your food diary with the valentines meal and rugby days synned?

Did you cook the valentine's meal or eat out. If you eat out the food may contain a lot of salt and hidden syns.

Free food including bananas and yogurts really is free so if you are genuinely hungry when eating them and not just eating them becaus you can no reason to cut these out.

The valentines meal was in a restaurant so there may well have been some extra syns in there. The consultant only briefly glanced at my food notes and put it down to the transition from ww to sw. She was probably too traumatised by the 10 vodkas on rugby day - all syned of course - in pace of proper food. Ooops. I will be showing her my proper food diary tomorrow so fingers crossed. Will def keep closer track of healthy extras as I've been short of one here and there. i really want this eating plan to work, as it feels the most sensible I've ever done. My fingers, toes and eyes are all crossed. Finding this an amazingly supportive network. Thanks for all your tips folks, it soooo appreciated.

As far as I'm aware on red and green days it says 1 or 2 HEXB's so I don't imagine it would be this... Just stick at it, keep doing a food diary, you could always do one on here daily like alot of people do and everyone can help you from that,

I'm thrilled to share with you all that after my 5 pound weight gain in week one, I managed to lose 2 pounds in my week 2 weigh in today. So chuffed. Thank you all for your support and encouragement.

well dont thats great..keep up the good work:bestwishes:

Back