sw with a bit of a twist

This isn't SW with a twist, it's twisted dieting.

All I can forsee happening is that you will be too strict with yourself, you will fall off the wagon spectacularly and will decide that dieting is 'too hard' and give up.

I'm willing to be taught wrong!

I'm just going to echo what somebody else said "if it ain't broke don't fix it". You don't have to look far around here to see the fab weight losses people have had following the plan, I don't think you need to change it!

I can understand your worries about portion control but I don't think this is the best way to go about it. It is not sw but cc.

Hi Beverley :) I suggest you stick with SW and see how it goes. Trust the plan as it does work. If you are concerned about portion sizes, use a wee cup to measure out your raw carbs. If you don't cook too much, you wont be able to overeat or go back for seconds. The third superfree rule should keep your calories down anyway. If you are sticking to plan, are not hungry and are losing at a healthy rate, does it really matter how many calories you are consuming? Good luck :)

Beverly i think it would be a wasted week doing the 50 syns thing.

Just do a proper week on SW and i am sure you will see results.

I think she means shes going to eat 1000 calories in the 50 syns a day plus the free food,thats how i read it anyway

Why do so may people question whether SW really works and try to tweak it, it bugs me to no end, you can't tweak it, twist it or change it, if you do its not Slimming World!!!!!

I got devoured on here a while ago on a 'just for fun' thread where people were saying what wee tweaks they made on the SW plan, you can't make tweaks on the plan cos if you do you aren't following the plan its as simple as that!!!

That's why they changed it from sIn to sYn as too many people associated them with bad stuff :)

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

Yes I understand that but unfortunately the brain doesn't hear the 'y' as something different to 'i'. Hence creating a negative thought pattern towards foods.

To be honest calories work for me. I don't really have the time to be fussing about syns, healthy extras and manipulating foods to make them free or low synned.

I appreciate it works for lots of people but I think the OP is wise to have a look at portion sizes if she feels it will help her on the plan.

Back