SW with chronic fatigue newbie

Rosa

Hi all

Stuck at home with chronic fatigue after being severely ill with Sepsis 6 months ago. Lost a stone when in hospital..always a bright side, then was ravenously hungry..mainly for Dairy Milk lol and put it all back on. Joined SW online today. Can't do any excercise at moment due to chronic fatigue...rarely leave the house at the moment, though led an active, full life before getting ill and m slowly getting better. Wondering whether I will lose weight without doing much moving? Wondering if SW will help with cfs or make it worse. Anyone else is similar situation?

Hi there,
Welcome to SW :) as for the answer to your question yes you will still loose weight without exercising. Loosing weight is mainly through eating the right foods rather than exercising anyway :)
I know someone who done SW and couldn't exercise due to health reasons and lost around 5 stone so it's definitely achievable!
Good luck x

Hi
Thanks for taking the time to reply. 5 stone...wow! That's good to know. Thank you. Just done day one. I feel very full! Hope I lose weight eating all this food! Hope your weight loss is going well xx

I've just started SW too with my hubbub who has been ill for the past 2 years. As he is recovering from surgery we won't be doing much exercise in the short term so am encouraged that weight loss with SW is still possible! Thank you

Well done on day one going well! Keep up the good work both of you and the pounds will soon be falling off, aslong as its free and speed foods you can eat until you burst haha!
Hope all goes well x

Hi all

Stuck at home with chronic fatigue after being severely ill with Sepsis 6 months ago. Lost a stone when in hospital..always a bright side, then was ravenously hungry..mainly for Dairy Milk lol and put it all back on. Joined SW online today. Can't do any excercise at moment due to chronic fatigue...rarely leave the house at the moment, though led an active, full life before getting ill and m slowly getting better. Wondering whether I will lose weight without doing much moving? Wondering if SW will help with cfs or make it worse. Anyone else is similar situation?

Hi!
I'm just starting too and I have a condition called Hypermobility Syndrome, meaning the collagen in my joints is faulty. This means I have an invisible illness and chronic fatigue and pain is a huge part of this. I have just started like I said, but I have been going to pilates classes, they have really boosted my confidence and will eventually help me lose weight! Its low impact and builds muscles and can be relaxing, you could look on youtube and follow that if you can't get out the house?
I hope we can both achieve our goals! Keep going x

Thanks for the advice. I will have a look at that. My muscles are very weak...strained my elbow attempting to hoover this week! Have heard of Pilates but never tried it X how is the diet going? I've just had a fry light fry up...feels wrong To eat like this on a diet, but will see what scales say on Monday..fingers X'd.

Yeah definitely pilates if you inform the teacher before hand they will ensure you take it easy. Diet is going brill, i've only been doing it a week tho haha! I'm doing calorie count this time but I've done slimming world in the past very successfully and yes I ate a full breakfast a lot!

I remember joining up over 6 years ago and wondering how on earth I would lose weight eating so much but that first week I lost about 9lbs :) since then I've done it a few times as had 2 kids and then got a bit complacent and gained a stone but now back on it with avengence and nearly at target :) my best tip is to.stick.to it regardless of what the scales say. Last year I was losing and had a no gain record then I went on holiday and gained bit it threw me off and I stopped going which resulted in 11lb gain over 6 months. Went back November last year and I'm now 1.5St lighter :) I've had a few more gains this time round but I've drew a line under it and carried on xx I'm now 13lbs away from target so you can do it and I've took the very scenic route lol x

Back