SW without the meetings

behealthy

My daughter recently started at Slimming World and is doing really brilliantly her will power is amazing. I feel that this has really motivated me to do it however i do not take part in the meetings myself. We support each other by planning and eating similar meals and we are really helping each other. i think of this more as changing to a healthier and happier lifestyle rather than that nasty word "diet" or loosing weight. Wondered if any one else was doing the SW plan without the meetings ?

I've tried to do it without the meetings, but the bad habits soon start creeping back and I need the weekly weigh in to keep me on track.

Welcome to the forum! There are lots of people on here that do it alone with the help of minimins of course. I actually go to a class but I just thought I'd say Hi!!

welcome! - i personally think its a waste of money to pay 4.95 a week to not take full advantage of image therapy, but appreciate that some can do really well without it, i personally wouldnt be at target without my group, C and image therapy. xx

I too go to group, but welcome and good luck

hi there l've just started today l dont go to a meeting as l kinda know how it works but l will be relying a lot on this site for support which seems to be brillant:D:D

i did go to class till oh lost his job last year he has since got another job but i am going it alone. i think i am managing ok. this site helps alot.

Welcome behealthy! I go to class but sometimes only the WI but I need the discipline of someone else weighing me and recording my weight weekly. I also view it as small goals rather than facing the full 3 stone I need to lose as one long haul - I see it as small goals each week.
Nice to have your daughter to do it with though - someone to discuss things with...........as well as he support on here too!

Hi i don't go to class either. I signed up for 12 weeks online membership and i will see if i am still managing ok when that expires if i'm struggling i might join a class. The thing is when i go to class i don't just pay the 4.95 for weigh in, i end up buying hi-fi bars, old magazines, recipe books etc etc. It costs me a fortune!!
It sounds as if you and your daughter are doing well supporting each other at home. I keep trying to get friends to join me on sw but they all like ww!!

I do go to class and couldn't maintain my target weight without it. We don't mention the "diet" word - SW prefer to call it food optimising!

Anyway, there are lots of people on here who go it alone and I take my hat off to them, I have tried and failed to do it on my own in the past!

Good luck. :)

I dont go to class and have lost 26lb so far since Dec so it can be done! It definatley helps tho having someone else doing it with you, Ive now got my boyfriend and 3 people at work following it with me!! I think Ive really got my head in the right place so dont need to go to class, especially with this forum. (and the Slimming world group on facebook is really useful too) good luck!

Before I found out I was pregnant I was doing it at home.. now I'm kind of plodding along!
I think I find it a bit harder not going to group, but if you've got your daughter doing it with you then maybe you could weigh in at home on the day she does then you can still discuss your losses etc which will give you the same effect I think?
I have to say I used to go to group and didn't think it agreed with me very well, so although I might not always have done SW 100% all the time, I was still successfully loosing weight, if slower, but however richer!!!
I think also, if maybe I was a bit more slack in my approach sometimes I didn't give up entirely!

hi .at min trying solo its going ok ish was going to go back to group but aprevious 1 has returned and she was nt very good compared to previous ones when did go mostly weighed and go as the meeting wasnt me as quite aprivate person,thinking of trying bodyopt on line alot say not worth the money?as want to know more about ee think if u are in right frame of mind theres no reason why
you cant get the same results doing it at home.

thanks to all the great replies, we are both still going and my daughter has lost 17lbs !!!!! and ive lost 27lbs or 1 lb off 2 stone !!!YEH Keep on going everyone !!

I did go to class but cant fit it around work and consultant bit too Little Britain for me. I now use internet and minimins.

Amazing! Well done and especially well done for 'going it alone' - I couldn't and wouldn't but hats off to you, and everyone that does it 'on their own' xxx

I do SW at home, did have membership but foudn it needs updating and was not worth the money. Although got all books form the site. If I am having a wobbly moment I come on the forum which has helped with regaining motivation and focus on the goal on hand :)

Hi,
I went to class about 3 years ago for about 2 months then money got in the way so I've been doing the diet on and off since then.

This time though, after starting in Jan, I truly believe you have to have the right motivation and your head really needs to be in the right place. I've never truly experienced that before and it is what is keeping me going. Plus a couple of girls at work are trying to lose weight same time which helps. In fact I'm even starting up my own slimming class at work, weighing people, keeping track of their weight and chatting about what works for them - it starts 28th April so will let you know how it goes!

I believe if you've got that special motivation, the knowledge of the diet (I refer to my original book near daily) and some form of support - including this forum, you'll do ok.

Good luck and well done!

I do SW at home (with the help of the lovely people of MiniMins :) ) but joined Body Optimise (SW Online) just over a month ago. Think it helps with working out syns etc! I think once my 3 month membership on Body Optimise ends, I'm going to go to meetings, cos I believe I need the proper weekly WI to keep me motivated :)

You've done amazing so far though, well done!!!

Back