SW Xmas party food

Dougal1983

Proud Mummy
I have my SW Xmas party after WI on Tuesday so I've been in the kitchen baking:
Cinnamon Swirls (1 Syn each) recipe was from a newsletter my C handed out to us last week
Mince parcels (1 Syn each) recipe from same newsletter
Sausage rolls: I worked out as 5 Syns each as I used WW pork sausages and Tesco lighter ready rolled shortcrust pastry.
Veggie sausages rolls: worked as 4.5 Syns each as I used LM red onion and rosemary sausages which are free.
Photos to follow :)
Anyone else been baking?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    901.6 KB · Views: 830
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    472.5 KB · Views: 1,163
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    841.1 KB · Views: 594
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    949.5 KB · Views: 760
Who's been a busy bee lol - they look lovely and well done for making the effort for your class.

Mine was wed gone and I had totally forgotten about it until my C text me on wed morning, id had so much on my mind last week with a funeral etc. So last minute as it was a xmas theme, I bought some wholemeal warburtons thins and some turkey and cranberry sauce, cut the thins into triangles and make open turkey and cranberry sarnies. Also took some stuffing balls lol...... I felt really bad as I ALWAYS make the effort to go out of my way and make something different and exciting.

Lol my group is really lovely and always make me feel so welcome so this is the least I can do :) Had to make them today as I'm busy tomorrow, working all day Monday and Tuesday... Just got to keep these away from my husband!!!
I'm quite creative and I just love baking!!
Happiest when I'm in the kitchen haha! :)

Yeh I'm sure they will- it's a small group but that makes it nicer as they all make the effort. I must say I'm looking forward to Tuesday night and not just the WI this time haha!!

Lol most of my group brought pre packed fruit, someone had tried to make the santas from the sw site, then there was rice, pasta, and spag bol so not too much effort really. I was a bit disappointed at least i tried to go with the xmas theme

Lol that's disappointing. I was contemplating buying something ready made just because today was my only chance to bake, but decided against it :) I have to say the cinnamon swirls are amazing!!

Ok here goes:
Cinnamon Swirls

Ready rolled puff pastry sheet
2tbsp granulated sweetener
2tbsp half sugar (silver spoon)
2tbsp ground cinnamon

Unroll the pastry sheet. Mix the sweetener, half sugar and cinnamon together and put on the pastry sheet. Roll it up long ways (like a Swiss roll) using a little water to 'glue' the edges.
Cut into 18 rolls, place on a baking tray and bake at 180/gas 4 for 10-15 mins.
Such a simple recipe but yummy!
And 1 Syn each :)

Your baking looks ace Hun.
might have to try the cinnamon swirls.
i have my sw group party on tues, looking forward to it and I'm excited about cooking mini Xmas dinners (basically it will be mini Yorkshire puds with abit of turkey, stuffing, roast potato, brussel, carrot & gravy inside them).

I got the idea from last year when I stayed in a hotel and we had them xxx

Mmm they sound lush!! I'm really looking forward to Tuesday- it's handy cos my husband is out so I don't have to cook as I will be filling my face with SW food haha!! And they are doing the Xmas raffle too, I brought loads so hoping it win something :)

They are delicious!! And you can have 15 a day haha!!!

I have my SW Xmas party after WI on Tuesday so I've been in the kitchen baking:
Cinnamon Swirls (1 Syn each) recipe was from a newsletter my C handed out to us last week
Mince parcels (1 Syn each) recipe from same newsletter
Sausage rolls: I worked out as 5 Syns each as I used WW pork sausages and Tesco lighter ready rolled shortcrust pastry.
Veggie sausages rolls: worked as 4.5 Syns each as I used LM red onion and rosemary sausages which are free.
Photos to follow :)
Anyone else been baking?

it all looks lovely, can I have the recipe for sausage rolls please?
They have always been my downfall and I've avoided them since being on plan

The sausage rolls: I simply used ready rolled light shortcrust pastry (Tesco) and WW premium pork sausages and an egg to glaze them with. For the veggie ones exactly the same except I used LM red onion and rosemary sausages instead. Baked them at 180/gas 5 for about 20 mins :)

Back