Swapping an Exante bar for an Atkins Bar

treesandcats

Hi,it's my 1st day on Exante today and I started with a Chocolate Orange Bar. I managed about half before giving up as it is in my opinion disgusting:( I did force another 2 bites of of down abit later but I just could not finish it and through the rest in the bin.

I have managed to find the nutriotional info on this bar and I have compared it the an Atkins Day Break bar and they are similiar in nutritional content.

Can I not have one of these Atkins bars instead of the Exante bars as I really like the Atkins bars?

I have to do Exante, I cannot give up.

I have just had a mug of the swiss bullion drink and I really enjoyed it but there is only 12 kcals in a mug so I cannot have this instead of a bar!

I have to say that I am nervous about trying the vegetable soup abit later, am I allowed to add somebullion mix to it if I dont like it?

Hoping some of you experienced people can help me.

Hi hun, feel i must reply as nobody else has yet!! not very experienced with exante but common sense wise if the carbs and calories are virtually the same i'd go for it... the atkins one might not give you the third of your vitamins etc that the exante one does though?? Feel free to ignore this when somebody more experienced comes along hahahaha

Hi trees and cats. As getting there has said its the vitamin content you would have to worry about more than anything else. Id check the similarities on these if I were you. And make sure youre checking the total carbs on the Atkins bars rather than just the net carbs as these dont seem to work where these are concerned.

Personally Ive been known to use a herbalife meal replacement bar on ocassion and it hasnt done me any harm.

Hi hun, feel i must reply as nobody else has yet!! not very experienced with exante but common sense wise if the carbs and calories are virtually the same i'd go for it... the atkins one might not give you the third of your vitamins etc that the exante one does though?? Feel free to ignore this when somebody more experienced comes along hahahaha

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply. I will try the nut and raisin one(i hate raisins:eek:) tomorrow to see if it goes down any better. If not then I will have to swap it for an advantage bar and maybe take a multi vitamin. Will have to wait until my first weight in to see if it does any harm

Hi trees and cats. As getting there has said its the vitamin content you would have to worry about more than anything else. Id check the similarities on these if I were you. And make sure youre checking the total carbs on the Atkins bars rather than just the net carbs as these dont seem to work where these are concerned.

Personally Ive been known to use a herbalife meal replacement bar on ocassion and it hasnt done me any harm.

Thanks also for replying. Total carbs in the choc/orange bar is 24.6g, total in the chocolate chip crisp bar is 8.5g if I have read the labels right.

Will wait to see if anyone else replies as well before making a decision.

Thanks both again.

Is this 8.5g just net carbs though?? I would check again as if it has polyols (sugar alcohols) which it prob does if it's chocolate it will be a lot higher x

Is this 8.5g just net carbs though?? I would check again as if it has polyols (sugar alcohols) which it prob does if it's chocolate it will be a lot higher x

Hi, no the net carbs is 2gs.

Had one today for breakfast, well it was at 11:50am but it was sooooooooo tasty.

Just as a matter of interest - as Atkins features lots of low carb, but frequently high fat foods- is there a fairly hefty fat content in those bars you mentioned?

Also - how did you find it in terms of being filling? I'm assuming they're supposed to be a snack for the atkins diet rather than a full meal on their own?

Following this thread with interest as they don't sound half bad!!

If theres chocolate in it personally id worry it would knock me out of ketosis, even if the carbs are low

Just as a matter of interest - as Atkins features lots of low carb, but frequently high fat foods- is there a fairly hefty fat content in those bars you mentioned?

Also - how did you find it in terms of being filling? I'm assuming they're supposed to be a snack for the atkins diet rather than a full meal on their own?

Following this thread with interest as they don't sound half bad!!

Hi, yes there is more fat in the atkins bar.
Exante per 100g there is 9.7g of which 3.9 is saturates
Atkins per 100g there is 19g of which 8.8g is saturates.

The only reason I am hoping it does work is that when I was on Atkins I had thse bars and remained in Ketosis. HOWEVER, this might not be the case for everyone.

I am NOT going to have 1 everyday though.

I have today tried the toffe, raisin and nut bar and managed half of it so I also had half an atkins bar.

I just finished day 2 last night and have so far lost 2 & 3/4 lbs, will have to wait a few more days to see if the atkins bars have had any effect. If they have then I will stop eating them and just have soup or shakes for breaky.

I was just about to suggest you try half and half (atkins and exante bar). This way at most you'll be missing out on 1 sixth of your daily nutrition (as the atkins bar probably won't contain 1 third of your daily nutrition needs). It'll have some of it, so it won't even be that bad. And I'm guessing you could probably manage half a bar.

Also, I hated the bars for the first week, but after that I loved the choc orange, and found the raisin one ok. Now I like that one although don't love it. I think our tastes do change as we get used to them. Also I read a study once that if we try something we don't like several times, we learn to like the foods. I think it was something like 12 times. It was a long time ago so don't quote me on it, I might be a bit out with that info, and there may be new or contradicting research now!

I was just about to suggest you try half and half (atkins and exante bar). This way at most you'll be missing out on 1 sixth of your daily nutrition (as the atkins bar probably won't contain 1 third of your daily nutrition needs). It'll have some of it, so it won't even be that bad. And I'm guessing you could probably manage half a bar.

Also, I hated the bars for the first week, but after that I loved the choc orange, and found the raisin one ok. Now I like that one although don't love it. I think our tastes do change as we get used to them. Also I read a study once that if we try something we don't like several times, we learn to like the foods. I think it was something like 12 times. It was a long time ago so don't quote me on it, I might be a bit out with that info, and there may be new or contradicting research now!

thanks for this info. Well I am on day 3 and am in ketosis according to the stix.
Hopefully will still be in it tomorrow.

Back