Swapping from Exante to Slim & Save?

LVP123

Hi
I've really been struggling with Exante as I just can't stand the taste of the bars and most shakes (I can just about live with the chocolate one)

I have looked on the slim & save website and am feeling drawn to it due to the promise of spaghetti bolognese, cottage pie and porridge...

Has anybody done Exante then Slim & Save or vice versa? Can anyone tell me what the Slim & Save products actually taste like and if it's worth the swap??

=)

Thanks guys

Slim & Save are the nicest tasting between LL, CD, Celebrity Slim, Boots and Slim Fast - haven't tried Exante to compare sorry. Worth a go - contact Rob and he could sort out a few for you to taste (freebies maybe ) explain your situation

Hi Irishlass...from a Tipp woman...lol...I have been on vlcd for the last year..I started on LL..lost 6stone...regained 2...then went on Exante...at a euro cost of 35 weekly and now I have bought s and s for the next few months to christmas...at more or less the same cost...mind you its cheaper in England...no postage charge...I tried the bars and they are largely very nice but smaller than exante...but way tastier...just like a real choc bar..as for the wafers ....they are to die for...you feel like you are breaking the diet...but they are dearer than the normal bars...so far I have only tasted the strawberry shake...it was sweeter than exante...all are vlcd diets...with probably only 50 cals in the difference per day...but you are recommended to add a meal at some stage...which you dont do on LL...I hope all this helps...I know some people drink pepsi zero?? but it holds back my weight loss and we were warned against it in LL....so the jury is out...best of luck...Fireflii...ps...the choco orange bars are on offer on slim and save and they are yummy....if you buy in bulk you get them for 60p each....

Thanks guys =)
I really just need to lose weight (about 4 stone) the cheapest way possible but need to keep interested in what I'm eating. On Exante I REALLY miss having something savoury to eat so that's why I'm looking forward to trying the spag bol and cottage pie. I have ordered a pack of the porridge, cottage pie and spag bol so I'll see how I go. I'm just unsure of whether I'm supposed to do the 3 items or 4 items - does anyone have any problems just doing the 3 with the multivitamin? As it works out only about 400ish cals....
And what's this about wafers?!!!

Quite a few of us do the 3 a day with a multivit. I haven't had any problems with it although occasionally I do have an extra pack when I really need one. I've found it better to have an extra pack and have done with it than sit there all night and crave extra food. We can have a little veg and salad (certain types) if you want to have that instead of the 4th pack. I'm trying mushrooms mixed in with the spag bol today to hopefully get me past the second day (I'm restarting) and to prevent me from having an extra pack.

I would think that the 4th pack might be for people (like on CD) who are over a certain height? I'm only 5'5" so don't think I should need one ordinarily.

As for the wafers. I'd like to see the nutritional content before I decide whether they're a 'proper' meal replacement. I have tried them (got a couple of free samples when I did a big order) but to be honest I preferred the normal bars. And they come in packs of 2 so once you've opened the pack you have the second one staring at you and you are only supposed to have 1! It's like the last rolo!

Hi I have been on exante for 5 weeks now but like you was missing something savoury, for the last week or so I have been having 2 exante shake and either a spag bol or cottage pie for dinner in the evening and its really helped me stay on the diet. I have now ordered some of the shakes and bars to try as I was so impressed with the meals.
Good luck with whichever you choose

Lol....thanks bordergirl for telling me about the wafers...I scarfed down both in one sitting...and they were yummy....I didnt realise I should only have one...overeating again...lol...I mustnt have read the fineprint....x fireflii

Im on Exante, but I also do Slim and Save, so I have a day on Exante, and the next on S&S etc. I need the variety, its the only way that I can do a VLCD, as I get bored so easily.

The wafers I think are not full TFR, but I have used them as a snack- if I really need to munch, I rather have diet food to snack on then going back to regular food etc. However, lately I have found the wafer too sweet, and I eat several at a time. So Im off that, for now.

The spag bol, is nice and I cook it on the stove and it feels awesome to add herbs etc, to it- Its like Im actually cooking and I think that helps me, as eating is so much more than just putting food in your mouth. Its about the build up as well, the anticipation of food being cooked, the smell etc- yeah, Im quite strange.

Anyway, I think the best thing to do, is to try what is best for you. I know alot of people have mentioned that S&S, is the same as other products- Dietimeal, Kee Diet etc, however it has been made specifically for weight control/weight loss. As long as your aware of what your buying, theres no real issue in my opinion on buying from a middle man such as Rob. Its similar to buying an Apple Ipod from Argos etc, lol what a weird comparison.

Regarding the whole multivitamin issue, yes other packs give you your 100% RDA and with Slim and Save you dont get that from just your packs alone. But in my case before I started dieting, my food choices were bad- I had no fruits and partial veg, my diet was not balanced and I was not taking any extra vitamins. So to me, being on a vlcd and taking the extra vitamin, has been beneficial to me, as I am so much more aware of what my body requires. Yes, people have posted that by taking items that are not like other VLCD which provide everything, that you are taking a risk with your health-life. I understand that, but we take risks with our health is so many ways- smoking, alcohol etc. I dont think that I have been good to my body, hence the need for me to lose weight and to re program my outlook to eating.

This whole post, is just my personal opinion.

I agree in what you say but just wanted to add im on 4 per day and get 100% of RDA from the packs, I had spoken to Rob about doing 3 per day and he said they try to promote 4 items per day as its easier to stick with and the plan is designed on 4 items to get your 100% RD, though he said even on 3 per day its more vitamins and minerals than most people achieve on a normal diet unless they make an effort to get their 5 a day fruit/veg :)

I hated LL porridge...so I didnt get that one...but I tried the spag bol tonight and it was so yummy...I only did shakes and bars before and it was terrific to be able to enjoy something savory....I think it will be easier to stick to...x fireflii

I tried the porridge for breakfast this morning - cardboard with milk mixed in. Bleurgh!!!

I didn't like the porridge to start with but after a few goes (although I don't have it very often - maybe once a week) I quite like it now. I think your tastes do change a bit once you've done a VLCD for a while.

There are threads about turning the porridge into biscuits although I haven't tried that to be honest.

Regarding the whole multivitamin issue, yes other packs give you your 100% RDA and with Slim and Save you dont get that from just your packs alone. But in my case before I started dieting, my food choices were bad- I had no fruits and partial veg, my diet was not balanced and I was not taking any extra vitamins. So to me, being on a vlcd and taking the extra vitamin, has been beneficial to me, as I am so much more aware of what my body requires. Yes, people have posted that by taking items that are not like other VLCD which provide everything, that you are taking a risk with your health-life. I understand that, but we take risks with our health is so many ways- smoking, alcohol etc. I dont think that I have been good to my body, hence the need for me to lose weight and to re program my outlook to eating.

Agree completely. Pre this VLCD I ate crap and drank too much. Taking that into consideration having 3 TFR packs that don't quite add up to 100% RDA that I then supplement via a multivit seems quite tame in comparison to what I was subjecting my body to on a daily basis.

I liked the Argos / Apple comparison :). I did a bit of research and I know what I'm buying and that S&S is an agent for the products rather than the manufacturer, but I like the products and the flexibility of choosing what I want when I want it and S&S gives me that. Oh, and I didn't buy my iPhone from Apple (or Argos come to that!) :)

Back