Sweet potato and baked beans sheperds pie.. Yummm

SkinnieMinnie

image-2946639806.jpg

image-170222670.jpg

Found this recipe in the romary colins diet and fitness magazine, its so yummy and filled me up really quickly, gonna put it in tupperware dishes and take it to work in the week :)

Sorry for late reply, lost the recipe! But from what i can remember i just chopped up sone onions and fryed them, i used quorn mince so i just chucked that in with two tins of baked beans and a tin of mixed beans, then some carrots to chunk it out, says to add gravey but i hust made some beef stock them simmered it, when my swet potato mash was done just popped it in a baking tray then baked for 20 minutes

You could add any veg into it to fill it out :)

I based last nights dinner on this - and had to say it was top notch grub!
I didn't use the Quorn, but I did have a load of mixed beans (the dried ones, which you soak over night, then simmer for an hour or so), add 2 small fried red onions (Frylight of course), can of baked beans and I used beef stock and Worcester Sauce to pep it up. Put in oven proof dish.
Boil off 3 sweet potatoes, mash and add a tablespoon of VLF creme fraiche to smooth it out, smother over the top of the bean mixture.
Bake in the oven for about 20mins at 180C or so and hey presto! That's enough for 3 (nearly 4) meals for me!

I've always made it with beans but lately have put the sweet potato over, we all love it and the kids say that they could eat it every night, bet they wouldn't though x

anne x

Back