Sweet/Sugar cravings? ! need help/advice!

pixiepiratess

Going From Flab to FAB!
Ive had a wobbly day diet wise and its made me realise just how much i rely on sweet things!

I am a real chocoholic! and love anything sweet! .. puddings ice cream cakes crisps choccie anything!

My main problem is after 7pm at night when the little one is in bed thats MY time! so i sit chill and munch! .. I have been saving points maybe 5 or so and then having toast with jam or ww desert or crisps curly wurlys or even going over my points!

The thing is im not hungry! but if i dont have these things in the house i go into a sort of panic! "omg what do i do theres nothing sweet for me to eat" and i get figgity! ..........

Ive tried subsituting it with fruit or yoghurt and its just not the same!

I know people say if youve got the points use them! but surly this isnt the way to be spending all my spare points! Ive even cheated today and feel bad now! as w.i is on tuesday evening

please help ... how do you cope!?? .. and keep the willpower steady?

is it just chocolate that you like.. or sweet things.. cos i remember when i was doing SW.. i used to eat the sugar free jelly.. and it was really nice and sweet.. and not that many syns.. and im guessing it wont be that many on ww either..
Just an idea..
Loadsa love
Cat x

Honestly? If Ive got a craving for chocolate.... I have it, so long as its within my points.

Thats exactly the benefit of points. You can have what you want when you want it. Better giving in and having something that settles your craving AND is within your points rather than going mad and bingeing

i too love choc and have days when i really really really have to have some so i have curly wurlies in the fridge - take ages to eat when they are cold and also have those mini bags of maltesers. If i run out and get really desperate i go tothe local shop and get a finger of fudge bar - i believe all these things are 2.5 points so not bad and i normally have that left at the end of the day. If i am very very shory of points i have meringue nests (0.5 each) they give me that sugar hit and a so sweet i can never normally eat more than 2 without getting the shakes lol

oooh havent tried low fat ice cream yet

but last night had a meringue nest smashed up in a ww toffee yoghurt, only a point and very very sweet and yummy

felt jealous of hubbys pud though

and have really fancied treacle tart this week - am guessing there is probably not a low fat low points version of that one ha ha ha

Awww thanks for the replies! .:hug99:.I have to say its definatly CHOCCY! nothing else will do! when i need to have it i need to have it!
I do have curly wurlys or maltesers!

I think alot of it is that when your on a "diet" you were always told oh only eat this or that! and when youve been on a diet for so long my brain starts to play games with me! I havnt found it with ww yet but when i was on SW i was always obsessing about food! my next meal how many syns etc ! ...

I think its difficult to get my brain to understand that yes if i want somthing i can have it as long as iv enough points! Its almost like to my brain im being naughty and then once ive eaten somthing nice like choc! my brain thinks oh naughty! blown it now eat some more! lol I just cant grasp that yep if youve got 5 points left and you need choccie eat it! yo'll still lose ! :scale:

Hope you can understand where im coming from! and thanks for listening lol :gen126:

Oh goodie ! .. thanks! ive jus come back from tescos! with the no sugar jellys ! 50/50 bread and some l'f choccie mouse! so im gonna see if it will cut the cravings if not i am off out to bulk buy curly wurlys! lol

aww i love chocolate too. I buy the bag of mini size choc's. A little Aero is only 1 point, a kit kat 1.5 and rolo's 1.5...i save a few points for the evening and have a couple of these plus maybe a pack of snack a jack chocolate flavoured popcorn...
When i first started ww i used to have a ww chocolate pudding or something after dinner. Now i wait and have it a bit later. That way im never hungry.

I too have to have lot's of chocolate incorporated into my WW plan....
My faves are:

Cadbury Fudge - 2 points
Fun Size malteasers - 2 points
Galaxy Ripple - standard size - 3.5 points
Cadbury Caramel Egg - 4 points
Highlights Choc Trifle - 3 points

wow the fudge and the maltesers are less than i thought yay!

i am a haribo pick and mix mad person!!! i can eat sweets forever, since ive given them up my mood has improved and i dont have 3pm low time, i used to have afternoon naps at weekends and now they stopped. i didnt realise how bad i was till i got told my family and friends the difference.
there is a list somewhere of low point sweets i shall have a route around for you,

Back