Extra Easy Sweet things

Needtodothis

Why is it that after I've eaten I crave something sweet!! I've just had a massive bowl of mince super free veg and rice I'm totally stuffed but craving something sweet! A yogurt just wouldn't do it, plus I'm totally full so dnt need to eat anything else!
It always happens. Any ideas how to stop it?? x

I know what you mean i have the same problem! I enjoy a bowl of grapes, strawberries and honey due melon with low fat yoghurt topped with natural honey and raisins that satisfies my sweet tooth a healthy way. or some times a glass of pepsi max does it for me ! But don't worry the odd occasional sweet dessert like a scoop of ice cream - now and again wont make a difference. Speaking of ice cream, a good low fat dessert is frozen yoghurt - low calorie and yummy! But to be honest if you are full you shouldn't really be eating any thing else, when I craved sweet things I had a slightly smaller meal then I wound not be too full for a little sweet something after :) x

I also found with myself if I was craving something sweet, I had something sweet then because I was satisfied it didn't happen the next day and the next !

I have to fight the urge. If I have something 'naughty' I dnt stop and then start on a proper binge! May try some frozen yogurt, thank you guys x

i guess its your mind.. you used to eating what you want when you want previously. But knowing you cant have it now makes the craving worse!

I always fancy something sweet after a meal, so I usually have fruit with fat free yoghurt and meringue. Tescos sell a tub of mini meringues and they are only 1 syn each :)

This used to happen to me almost every day! It's eased off now I've started SW again but sometimes I do still get that sweet craving, even when I'm stuffed! Fruit or yogurt don't cut it for me unfortunately. Last night I had half a pot of Total 0% with a tsp of sweetner and that was so sweet it made me feel sick enough to put me off of anything else for the evening :rolleyes: (Feeling sick wasn't my objective, I just had half a pot leftover from dinner and wondered what it'd be like with a bit of sweetner). Other times I have a few jelly beans (5 for 1 syn) or a Freddo bar (2 syns) to satisfy my craving and that usually works. A banana with a 1 syn drizzle of syrup also hits the spot nicely and feels better because it has fruit in it ;) The only way I can think of to beat it completely is willpower...not always the easiest solution though! Maybe black tea with sweetner for a free alternative? (May not work though as most people hate tea without milk...but I can't stand milk in my tea, makes me gag lol).

I get this now and again, but less now that I've been doing SW for 2 months!
I usually have a tea with sweetener (peppermint or green tea) or some grapes!
After a few days, it feels like second nature rather than grab a pudding :)

The trick is to try and stop and think if you are actually hungry or just having 'flashbacks' to your prior SW mind-set ;)

Take it in your stride after all SW allows you to have sweet treats within the plan :)

I am the same, I usually have either mini meringues, a flump, mikado or a mullerlight. Usually hits the spot! If not then green tea or a glass of diet coke with a slice of lemon works a treat too. :)

This used to happen to me almost every day! It's eased off now I've started SW again but sometimes I do still get that sweet craving, even when I'm stuffed! Fruit or yogurt don't cut it for me unfortunately. Last night I had half a pot of Total 0% with a tsp of sweetner and that was so sweet it made me feel sick enough to put me off of anything else for the evening :rolleyes: (Feeling sick wasn't my objective, I just had half a pot leftover from dinner and wondered what it'd be like with a bit of sweetner). Other times I have a few jelly beans (5 for 1 syn) or a Freddo bar (2 syns) to satisfy my craving and that usually works. A banana with a 1 syn drizzle of syrup also hits the spot nicely and feels better because it has fruit in it ;) The only way I can think of to beat it completely is willpower...not always the easiest solution though! Maybe black tea with sweetner for a free alternative? (May not work though as most people hate tea without milk...but I can't stand milk in my tea, makes me gag lol).

some good advice :) sorry to break it to U but a freddo is 5 syns....defo worth it though I think! Dipped in a nice cuppa...amazing!

Some fab ideas. Thanks everyone xx

I got fat free yogurts and put them in to ice pop molds. Just has one was delicious. It feels like I just cheated but it's free. So good!

I have a very sweet tooth and have to finish lunch and tea with something sweet. Bane of my life!!! :sigh:

Back