SWEETENER !!!

Louloubellehoney

Gold Member
Hi all,
Just wanted to post about the use of sweeteners... I hate the chemical taste of all the sweeteners and I know they are pretty horrendous for your health perhaps more so than sugar!!!! Here is a link about a totally 100% natural plant based product ... read it cos its very interesting
http://www.healthmonthly.co.uk/swanson_alcohol_free_stevia_liquid_extract?category_id=0&search_string=stevia... just need to check with Lipotrim, that it`s ok to take 1st though. Does anyone know? Has anyone else heard of it? Cheers everyone :D
L xx

No I`ll phone them on Monday and ask... since they are American at Lipotrim, and seing as they know more about this stuff in America at the minute I am hoping they will know what it is. Otherwise I`m going to have to educate them lol... XX

Thats right Izzysmum, I read on Dr Mercolas website that they can come in various flavours... It is actually tasteless in the raw version, but sweeter than sugar and contains none of the CRAP that artificial sweeteners contain. So its got to be good! Considering it comes from a plant!! Will fill you in tomorrow....:rolleyes: L xxx

Hi Elaine~Melanie,
I`m hoping we all get the thumbs up to use it.... its not cheap but a little goes a long way apparently! Anyways will fill you in tomorrow and like you say if no joy you could ask your dietician.
Ty :) xx

:rolleyes: Well guys as I expected they haven't heard of it, so they are going to investigate it and get back to me. Which of course will take some time I`m sure! Watch this space!! ;)
L xx

Will watch this space loulou :) x

Hmmm bad news girls, they rang me back and said its NOT COMPATIBLE with Lipotrim and its our choice whether to take it or not, because our bodies wont produce as much ketones, therefore slowing down weight loss!!! So I`d say its a NO~NO!!! :(.... Oh well I tried.... back to the vile chemicals then!!:confused:
L xx

ah well, the shakes have aspartame in anyway, so even using stevia we'd still be having those chemicals too, definately going to invest in some for post lipotrim though, thanks for asking :)

:eek: The shakes already contain Aspartame?? GREAT!!! I`m poisoning myself... just what I wanted.... Oh well suppose its better that being overweight I guess.... Thanks girls.. XX

Stevia is plant based sweetener that is 200 times sweeter than sugar. It is widely used in the States and Switzerland. Hardly any calories which is pretty amazing. Problem is that it is so far illegal to sell Stevia in the Eu, due to not enough medical data backing the sweetener. I have noticed increasingly many products contain a bit of stevia, including the rollerball lip oil by Body Shop, believe it or not (it is made in the US), so there may have been some new legislations on stevia. I tried it for the first time in NY this summer and was blown away by how little you used to get it sweet. It is a different type of sweet though, but pleasant.

Stevia is plant based sweetener that is 200 times sweeter than sugar. It is widely used in the States and Switzerland. Hardly any calories which is pretty amazing. Problem is that it is so far illegal to sell Stevia in the Eu, due to not enough medical data backing the sweetener. I have noticed increasingly many products contain a bit of stevia, including the rollerball lip oil by Body Shop, believe it or not (it is made in the US), so there may have been some new legislations on stevia. I tried it for the first time in NY this summer and was blown away by how little you used to get it sweet. It is a different type of sweet though, but pleasant.
Oh wow thanks for all that info, very helpful... yes I was reading that its not passed in the EU yet, trust Britain to be lagging behind :rolleyes: Cheers hunni L xx

Oh wow thanks for all that info, very helpful... yes I was reading that its not passed in the EU yet, trust Britain to be lagging behind :rolleyes: Cheers hunni L xx
You're welcome! I just hope they do bring this along soon as it will make a massive difference to a lot of people and in flavour. I've done quite a bit of research for an alternative sweetener for my husband as he is the one with the sweet tooth (I'm a savoury gal) and stumble across Stevia being a godsend and a favourite amongst American dieticians and nutritionist. :)

Yes so do I cos its got to be better than all this chemical rubbish we use!! All sweeteners in my opinion have a disgusting after-taste.... Anyway I`ve decided not to drink black coffee any more simply because I hate them!! Cheers hun xx

Why is it sold on Amazon UK if it's illegal in Britain? xx

Yes so do I cos its got to be better than all this chemical rubbish we use!! All sweeteners in my opinion have a disgusting after-taste.... Anyway I`ve decided not to drink black coffee any more simply because I hate them!! Cheers hun xx
I'm not ready to lose caffeine ASWELL!!! Hahahaaaa!!!:8855:

Ohhh Twinklecheeks is it? I`ve actually found some on Ebay and forgot about telling you all !! But its not cheap stuff though.... so it cant be illegal any more then, they must have passed it.... anyway still cant use it though :( L xx

Back