Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Sweeteners

Discussion in 'Atkins Diet' started by Quak, 30 June 2010 Social URL.

1. Quak

Quak Gold Member

Hi all you wise owls
    Question.....I know in the book it says you can have up to 3 packets of splenda a day but it does not mention tablet sweeteners - can you use these without restriction do you know? There is a carb count on the granulated packet stuff but on the tablets it just says trace so I would have thought they were ok to use as much as needed. Thoughts anyone???

Bren xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Marysu

Marysu Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2.5lb(1.24%)
    Tablets are packets. Americans just call it by a differant name.

4. Quak

Quak Gold Member

Are you sure cos in the atkins books it says the carbs come from the stuff that stops the powder clumping together - surely you would not need that in a tablet?
    Bren xx

5. MissyMustDoIt

MissyMustDoIt Silver Member

Start Weight:
    146.1kg
    Current Weight:
    141.1kg
    Goal Weight:
    69.9kg
    Lost(%):
    5kg(3.42%)
    Diet:
    Atkins/bariatric surgery/Slimmm
    at home i use splenda tablets, i dont count anything for them, as you say, it says trace,

if i have whipped cream and need to sweeten it i cruch a tablet :D

6. Marysu

Marysu Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2.5lb(1.24%)
    Tablets and packets are defo the same, and as far as i'm aware 2tsp of power sweetener is equals to 1 packet. Splenda is .5g per spoon so that would be 3g of a daily allowance. Seems a bit much. So if the packets are trace there mustn't be any fillers in them.
    Allowances do have to be made while using the book over here as a lot of values are differant, just check and double check just to be sure.

7. charliefarlie

charliefarlie Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st4lb
    Current Weight:
    9st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7lb(26.34%)
    Diet:
    Lighterlife, switching to Atkins
    I know on LL you are not allowed to use the powdered sweetners, only the tablets as there is something in the powdered version that can bring you out of ketosis. I imagine it is the same for Atkins?

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.