SWer in Training!

westiegirl

Gold Member
Hi all

Just wanted to say hi. I'm not new to Minis but new to SW.

My background is that I lost 6 stone on LL in 2006 but have put about 3 stone back on during 2007 due to a major change in my life - moving 300 miles from Scotland to Wales, changing jobs etc. I then tried CD but didn't have the support of a good group or a CDC. I have been struggling and battling for so long that a few weeks ago I finally admitted to myself that I cannot do Sole Source any longer and I need food in my life.

I went to my first meeting on Wednesday evening but as a previous WWer I have found SW a little daunting, lots of new things to learn. The reason that I chose SW though is that there are 2 of my workmates who have lost lots of weight on it and still go, and another colleague wanted to join too so we are going to meetings together.

I think with the support of my group, my workmates and everyone here on Minis, that I can finally get this cracked.

I've been doing ok, until yesterday where I fell off the wagon last night, having more wine than I should have whilst having dinner with the folks. I guess it's all a learning curve and flexible syns means that today I am moving on and forgetting about it :D.

I might have to ask lots of questions so bear with me!

Hi westiegirl and really well done on your LL successes, dunno if i could do it, i find food one of the big pleasures in life. Glad to hear that you have plenty of support for SW from your group and colleagues.

Didn't know if i would get into it very easily but going to the group and coming on here has helped. I find i have to be very organised and plan my daily menus a week ahead, from that i'm able to do my shopping list.

Yeah that wine's a b*gger isn't it ('scuse language) tipped my total syns to 26 yesterday as had a couple of glasses with yesterdays dinner, but figured as i'd gone pretty easily the rest of the week (between 5 & 12 syns a day) it would all work out fine. As you say, at least on this plan you feel you can think forget about it and move on.

All the best with your week ahead

Last edited:
Back