SWIMMING........AFTER 3 YEARS!!!!

Ms R

So I had a brainwave in work today that I would go swimming tonight because I was aching too much after my 7.2 mile power walk last night because I felt in too much pain to go the gym. So I texted my children to see if they wanted to go expecting them to say no so I could have an excuse not to go but they said yes!!

I haven't been swimming for 3years so I was dreading it and also my back and legs were very sore from last nights walk. My plan was to just try and get to do 20 lengths so I kicked off a bit slowly and found it quite a struggle. By my 6th length I was really feeling it and wasn't sure if I would manage to get to 20 but thouht that I'd at least taken the first step by going to the pool and getting into the water.

So I pushed myself and knocked up another 6 painful lengths and then.....it became a little easier as I'd got myself into a good flow so thought, I'm going to be able to do this. I reached my 20th length and felt really good and that I could carry on...so I did and I reached 30 lengths. Now at this stage I delt I had achieved 30 lengths by hard work but thoughht that there was more left in me and that I should really push myself. I knew it was be hard but I then thought that being on this diet is hard and losing weight is hard but I'm doing that so I should really push past my comfort zone and really go for it....so I did and I'm delighted to report that I ended up doing 40 lengths!!!!

Funny thing is that the aches and pains I had before getting into the pool had eased sooo much which is a bonus. I feel soo happy with myself, I pushed the boundaries of what I tought I could achieve and I know my body will benefit from at. Also, swimming, especially breastroke which is what I do, is the best exercise for toning up ladies bingo wings so toning while losing the weight as well as burning calories and doing an all over body work out that is not weight bearing so kinder to our joints when we're overweight.

So it's salsa dancing for a couple of hours tomorrow night to burn of yet more fat, hopefully cycling on Friday night after work, 7 mile walk in the Peak District with our friends on Saturday which is going to be challenging in parts so great for fat burning up and down those steep hills and then Sunday.....a well deserved day of rest lazing about on the couch all day :)

i sure hope this all helps me to keep on track with my bigger weight losses next week. I appreciate I will be building muscle but I won't be building too much more than I already have.

Here's to a great week ahead. :)

Well done, 40 lengths is fantastic. You are putting in a huge effort you really deserve to reap the rewards:)

Sure hope so my twinnie friend. The bonus for tonight was that it was fpgreat to spend time with both of my children as the eldest is now 21yrs and youngest 11yrs so not many activities we can do together these days. Really enjoyed it.

Wow, we'll done u! U out me to shame :-( Currently laid on the couch with my 15 wk old baby asleep on me x

Hey you have enough to do with a new baby, you'll be getting plenty of exercise!!!

I love exercise and always have (yes I'm truely weird) so throwing myself back into it full throttle is not that much of a difficulty for me. I do however understand those who really struggle as it's not for everyone. I'm also doing an experiment on myself this week to see if the amount of exercise I'm doing will actually help me to shed more pounds when it comes to weigh in. I watch the Biggest Loser USA and they do phenomenal amounts of exercise every day and they are really very very large people so my philosophy is if they can do it then I can do it too. They lose loads of weight every week and as they're not on Lipotrim but are eating actual real foods, then it must be down to the reduced calorie diet but also the exercise too.

If I don't lose a good amount next Tuesday, I could trade in my fitness clothes for an extra warm blanket to retire to the couch with!!! lol

Well done for doing so much exercise, Ms R (especially the swimming)! I wish I could love it too, but I doubt that will ever happen. I do quite like walking, but generally not just for the sake of it. I like to be going somewhere for some other purpose. I also have a little sheet of exercises that I WILL get around to doing. It only takes about quarter of an hour to get through all ten of the exercises, but I haven't done it since before I started Lipotrim and when I do it after such a long time I ache so much afterwards that going up and down the stairs is pretty painful (although in a good way - you know you've done something)! :D After doing them for two or three days though, it doesn't hurt anymore and it becomes much easier to get through them too.

I hope you enjoy your cycling and walking this weekend. :) Have lots of fun!

-968/5-42-*74*/ <--- this is my little girl's input!

Good for u! I hope to try and start exercising after the first week or two. But tbh it is difficult to find the time with two babes under 3yrs.
I could do with the blanket, my feet r like ice! X

-968/5-42-*74*/ <--- this is my little girl's input!

I was just thinking, maybe my daughter meant:

9, 6, 8, 5, 42 and 7 & 4 lucky stars!

Last edited:
Good for you!!!

I'm aiming to start back at swimming lengths at the gym tonight. Aiming for 30 :)

Well done Butterflygirl, just think how much you'll be toning up those bingo wings and also your core muscles will get a good woekout which will tighten your abs.

Noitulove, love your daughters message lol. Exercise doesn't have to be as structured as what I do, up and down stairs, walking to the shops, ironing, housework etc... They're all forms of exercise so get active in whatever way you can manage. It all helps to get us moving and burning more fat off.

Back