Swimming

cantstopgaining

Well went swimming today and really enjoyed it despite my dreaded fear of the swimsuit! Going again tomorrow hoping it will help give me a kick start! :rolleyes:

Does anyone else swim and do you think it helps??? :)

I love swimming and tend to alternate between running gym and swim, though it wrecks my hair!! I find I swim for longer and at a more consistent pace than when I'm in the gym, so for me, I think it'd possbily the best activity. Also, swimming is great for working all muscles and CV too. I say, the more you enjoy doing something, the more likely you are to keep it up. So, if you're enjoying going and keep at it, you should see results ;)

I can't swim but wish I could, it's supposed to be one of the best work outs for overweight people because of the resistance on every part of your body and you're pretty much weightless so no strain on your joints!

If I could swim I'd be in the pool every week day !

I love swimming but found it really boring i think they need to put a bit of music or else i get tired easily because theres nothing to occupy my mind lol.

xx

I've just started up swimming. Been 3 times in the last two weeks and even just that I think has made a difference to the dreaded bingo wings if nothing else. Only trouble is our local swimming pool has really rubbish opening times coz it does all the schools and the swiiming club so general swim is only available for like two hour long sessions a day so what with working and little un don't think I'll get to go more than once a week very often. Also does anyone else feel swimming to lose weight is a bit of a false economy coz the second I get out the pool I want to devour everything in sight. No other excercise does this to me. Still gonna keep it up for the tone though.

i love swimming i go 3 times a week its so relaxing and i always feel so refreashed after its great when its hot aswell !!xx

I love swimming... I'd spend all day in a pool if I could!!

Personally I think its one of the best ways to tone up all round. x

Yep, I'm with you on that one Dextermummy, I'm always ravenous when I get out of the pool! Also can't stand drinking water after I've been for a swim!! haha

I've decided i need to start swimming again. I used to be a professional scuba diver so have always been in and around water. I am just so embarrassed now because of my weight. But i can only go at lunchtime cause they don't open early enough for a morning swim as i start at 7.30am.
Unfortunately most of the days are school swims. But Weds theres an adult swim between 11.45 and 1315 and its an open session after that so no kids in the changing rooms laughing at me.
So i made the first step and bought some googles off ebay. Saturday going to the bigman shop to get some swimming shorts. So next weds is the goal to start.
Its just building the confidence to go.

I would love to start swimming again - when I lost the weight last time I was going swimming 4 times a week! Now that the weight has slowly crept back on I have the dreaded fear of wearing a swimsuit - I may start swimming again when I have lost a little bit more weight!

Sharkbait1983 x
:p:p:p

I went swimming last week for the first time in agess and my god did my muscles feel like they had a work out! definatly works! x

What is GREAT is that as a form of exercise, it most definitely helps your mind and your body and what is EXCELLENT about this is that you enjoy it.

WIN WIN!!

Well done xx
Jen

I have tried going again but there are too many school kids lol :( I cant wait for them all to go back to school roll on the 16th of august! :)

i love swimming too and got back into it over the summer. great way to meet people and get a great workout too so keep it up!!

i lucky enough to live not too far away from the coast so i can go swimming in the sea too which is fantastic:) the pool is grand but there is something sort of magical about the sea and i find its fantastic for body and mind

@slim104 you're not alone with the fear and embarrassment. i was the exact same and put it off for so long but now it doesn't bother me at all:) its so worth it!!

I started swimming again last week and plan to do a mile each week. I managed it last week and have done 50 lenghts so far this week. I think it has speeded up my weight loss but will see tonight at my SW WI.

wow a mile!! fair play to you thats amazing. mile = 1600m = 64 lengths in my local pool. thought it was gonna be way more:eek: but still fair play and well done. keep it up.

i am always ravenous after swimming too:) its a good sign i hope.

Back