Switched To Atkins

AutumnSky

Losing the baby weight!!
Due to financial situations, hubby and I stopped CD this week, and switched to Atkins/low carb (Monday night to be precise)

Just did my week 3 weigh in, and have lost 4lbs! :D

1 of those pounds is since we stopped CD, so I'm thrilled that I haven't put any weigh on since eating again! Yay!

I find it expensive as well, food is so expensive now

wow cheaper to do atkins? what are you buying and where?

my poor other half is really feeling it, we did a shop 'together' instead of him doing his own and it cost 3 times what he has been spending whilst i was on cd!

please let me know what you will be eating as i am spending a small fortune on cheese and chicken lol.

That is the problem with Atkins...it does work out expensive. Salad is not cheap and as for meat/eggs/cheese WOW. I don't care though as I'm having a BBQ tonight! 100% Beefburgers with blue cheese butter YUMMY and spicy king prawns....double yum!!

Well, for both of us to do CD, it was about £90 a week, whereas when we shop in Morrisons, it costs us roughly £60 a week. We just buy the saver variety of everything!

We just buy big packs of burgers, some chicken fillets, big block of cheese, iceburg lettuce, cucumber, onions, and frozen veg. Thats all really.

We're only having two meals a day, as opposed to three, so I dunno if that is making it work out cheaper?

I think its definitely possible not to spend a fortune on Atkins, you just have to shop carefully
Welcome, Autumn, nice to have you on board
Pinks
xxxxx

Probably the king prawns thats putting the bill up...that and the salmon and the monk fish LOL. I know I can spend less, but when hubby is paying why not go mad. He's just happy I'm eating again and we can eat together.

i think you can shop wisely on atkins just look for offers and go to a few different supermarkets ,when i was on it i found netto cheap for cheese and i also used to buy cheaper cuts of meat and cook it slow lamb shanks,braisng beef,belly pork,roasted ham shank with crackling,homemade burgers ,meatloaf,streaky bacon it can be done on a budget and very tasty

hi dancing,

according to all chefs, the browner the meat the better it is, we all tend to go for the bright red meat, but professionals like their meat hanging so to speak, I certainly agree with you that it puts you off, but I am addicted to all cooking programmes and this is what they say!

sue x

i think you can shop wisely on atkins just look for offers and go to a few different supermarkets ,when i was on it i found netto cheap for cheese and i also used to buy cheaper cuts of meat and cook it slow lamb shanks,braisng beef,belly pork,roasted ham shank with crackling,homemade burgers ,meatloaf,streaky bacon it can be done on a budget and very tasty
My mouth is watering after reading that.

can you have onions on atkins induction? and/or tomatoes? cos i was thinking- mince beef with onions, tomatoes and mushrooms could be yummy? x

onions and toms have more carbs in, but in moderation is ok x

large mushrooms stuffed. I'm doing bacon, tomato and brie with a bit basil, I'm drooling already x

im quite looking forward to giving it a go now! gonna pop to tesco in a bit to get some shopping so will see if they have a book. Planning just to buy proteiny stuff so plenty of meat, cheese etc. Am a bit scared that I dont really know what I'm doing but at the moment I guess as long as I stick to the free foods I should be fine! What are the lowest carb cheeses?? xxx

thats brill soraya, thankyou

sue x

O God I have to stop reading this thread. All this food sounds fantasic. One of my fav low carb dishes is scallops with pancetta. Not cheap but soo delish.

Jac

Back