Switching from cambridge to slim and save

xxmariexx

Silver Member
Hi,

I'm thinking of switching from cambridge to slim and save and was wondering if anyone else has done this? If so, how have you found it?

Marie x

Hi there, I did Cambridge three years ago and have started s&s nearly two weeks ago. I lived Cambridge while I was doing it but s&s has much more choice of packs, much more choice on the low carb meal options and if doing only packs you can have 4 a day which seems easier to space them out and not feel hungry.
That's just my opinion, but it's worth giving it a go ;)
Good luck on your journey whatever you decide xx x xx

Thanks sammy. I'm into my 4th week of cambridge and lost 19 pounds. It is v expensive tho and I don't use my councillor except to weigh in. Slim and save just seems to have much better variety and is soooo much cheaper. I was just wondering if the quality was compromised because of the price? Are your losses similar on both plans?

Thanks again :) x

My losses seem to be the same. I didn't use my councillor either - but with slim and save the forums are my councillor!! Lol.
I've only had one proper weigh in with this one but I am a secret daily weigher and the weights shifting!! Yay!!
It's the same fundamental idea - ketosis - so there's no reason for the losses to be different in my book ;)
What do you think you'll do? Xx

Think I'm going to switch. The extra money isint worth it just to pop in for a weigh in and to pick up the products. Specially if the products are so similar. Also I know that if I have a slip up I'd avoid the weigh in :( and then have no products. I know that sounds stupid. Il place a weeks order tonight initially.
I'm a serial weigher too. I know it's mad cause just gets you down if the scales don't move. So I'm going to try my best to weigh just once a week (never gonna happen :)).
Yeah the forums are fab. Keeps me away from the food. That and were all in the same boat and people genuinely know what your going through and how hard it can be.
Thanks for your help :D x

You're welcome! Good luck!! Xx

Good luck! I didn't switch from Cambridge but I did combine SnS with Lighter Life. There's no difference in pack quality - but don't expect the packs to taste the same as each other - a chocolate shake from one will be different from a chocolate shake from another - so don't order just those flavour packs you like on Cambridge expecting them to be the same. Try a wide variety and you'll soon find those which you enjoy.

Have fun!

I switched from Cambridge to SnS & I love the extra variety & the meals r fab, I also find the shakes r easier to mix. Am happy so far, as for weight loss I'm not sure as haven't been doing SnS long enough to compare but looking on here think its the same. Good luck. X

Thanks weasey and pinkcupcake :)

I'm defo going to switch. I never use my cd councillor except to weigh in and collect my products so makes sense to switch. I was just curious if there was any obvious difference in the quality due to the huge difference in price.

I've placed a weeks order to start with practically one of everything to see what I'm going to like. I know what your saying about them tasting different weasey. Suppose its like buying the same food but different brands.

I'm going to start Monday and hope you all don't mind me participating. I've already read some great stuff and got some great advice from the slim n save forum and that's before I start :D.

I had a terrible time in the beginning even trying to mix the cambridge stuff pinkcupcake. I've borrowed (stolen) my mums expensive blender so all sorted on that front.

See you all Monday. Looking forward to getting to know everyone and thanks for all your help so far xx

Oh another thing I'm looking forward to and think will help immensely is the 3 packs plus small meal or 4 packs. Trying to space out the 3 packs on Cambridge SS was so hard. So think that'll help, even if it is psychological x

It definitely helps!! I do mine 10am, 2pm, 6pm and then 9.30pm for a hot shake with my milk allowance to fill me up through the night. Sometimes it's a struggle to get to 10am but I have water, tea and distraction until then!
Good luck xx x xx

Think its defo going to help. On cambridge I was doing 12ish, 5ish and 9ish but felt soooo long between "meals".

Also can I ask - I've noticed people having babybel lighter on this diet. Is it ok? I miss cheese xx

I've read some people eating it so I'm guessing its ok!! I don't eat cheese myself so can't give definite answer - but am sure I've read that people have it. ;)

Probably best to drop SnS a mail to ask - or they often have someone online on their site to answer. They're very quick at answering questions.

Thanks ladies. The online support from slim and save also looks good. Maybe I shouldn't be thinking about eating cheese until I'm back in total control. I don't take milk in my tea and I don't drink coffee so I probably won't use the milk allowance x

Back