SWOLLEN GUMS

Scotsmist

Life is not a Rehersal!
If any of you recall I mentioned the other week about all of a sudden having swollen gums and wondered if it was anything to do with LP.

Well I had an appt with the dentist and he confirms I have Gingivitis.

Inflammation of the gingival tissue without loss of tooth attachment (i.e.periodontal ligament). Gingivitis is an irritation of the gums. It is usually caused by bacterial plaque that accumulates in the small gaps between the gums and the teeth and by calculus (tartar) that forms on the teeth. These accumulations may be tiny, even microscopic, but the bacteria in them produce foreign chemicals and toxins that cause inflammation of the gums around the teeth.

I was at the dentist 4 wks ago and was given a clean bill of health!!!! Now, the only thing I have done is STOPPED FLOSSING!!!!! I reckoned I wasnt eating and that I didnt need to....my dentist reckons this is why I have got this inflammation.

I am just telling you, incase any of you have stopped flossing and used to!!! DON'T!! Thankfully, it is treatable and I have a gel to use and been told to keep flossing as normal. I dread to think if I had just ignored this; it could have become more serious...

So, if you find a difference in your health, please go and see about it, dont leave it or it could have detrimental consequences.

Just another side effect of me doing this diet..haha...

I had problems with my teeth and gums on LT

And I had this too after LT!!!

Hi Scotsmist,
you reminded me I must get a check up. Sorry you are having a problem with your teeth, hopefully it will all clear up soon.
Doirin

Hi Diorin
Thanks; I am in no discomfort, which is good, but just so glad I was on the ball and knew my mouth and gums were different. I hate to bother doctors, etc..but this time I am glad I did. Hate to think what could have happened if not.

Hi Chelly
Did you stop flossing?

Apparently, it can also be due to a hormonal imbalance as well!!!

Back