Syn Calculator and Syns Hotline vastly different

Discussion in 'Syn Values' started by Jo*, 6 September 2011 Social URL.

1. Jo*

Jo* Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st0lb
    Current Weight:
    8st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st3lb(20.13%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I am a reviewer of new products often food so have used the syns hotline a bit.
    One woman who works on there can be really rude she reads an announcement about call costs which takes her a minute and then if she is struggling with the brand ie today Onken she cuts you off. :mad:

All others lovely and quick.

However I digress

I just asked for syns on new Sicilain Lemon I'm reviewing to see if I can eat a little and for the 450g pot I was told 13 and 1/2 syns all plans.
    I ran it through syns calculator on S/W and it comes out at 24 syns, am I missing a free food allowance? :confused:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. ermintrude

ermintrude Gold Member

Start Weight:
    27st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st7.5lb
    Lost(%):
    10st5.5lb(37.65%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Yes, you have to enter yoghurt as Free food.

EDIT:
    Here we go:

13½ Syns per package/portion on Green

Last edited: 6 September 2011
  4. ermintrude

ermintrude Gold Member

Start Weight:
    27st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st7.5lb
    Lost(%):
    10st5.5lb(37.65%)
    Diet:
    SW
    PS the problem with the Onken is that Onken isn't the manufacturer, that's just the name of the yoghurt - the manufacturer is Dr. Oetker if you look on the back. That's no excuse fort her cutting you off though obviously! Loads of people on here have made the same mistake and I'm surprised the phone person doesn't already know this one.

5. BritMumInCanada

BritMumInCanada Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    To be honest i wpuldnt bother with the expensive syns hotline, just use the onlinr calculator and make sure you select your free food and it will give you the accurate value

6. Jo*

Jo* Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st0lb
    Current Weight:
    8st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st3lb(20.13%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Oh she knew it was Dr Oetker as I informed her I am reviewing the yogurt and I never pay for the call.
    But have just started using the online one now I get the free foods element tried today on Sains beef and carrot stew tinned. (free)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.