Syn Calculator Online

Debz1809

I ♥ SW!
Hi there, I bought this in Asda thinking that it was free as it is only Pasta made up with water. I asked my leader and she wasnt sure if it was free or not. I have checked it online with the syn calculator and not sure if I am doing ir properly. It has drop down boxes where you can select pasta etc so I did that and then put the nutritional info in. If I dont select the drop down boxes, it says it is 0.5 syns??? Any one help please !!!

Information is Per 100g :
82kcal
2.5g Protein
15.1g Carbs
1.5g Fat
Serving Size 52g

Many Thanks xXx :p

url

Looks about right. The roast veg and tomato ones are free.

thanks. I dont know if I am using the calculator properly!! I have just syned crisps and it says they are 1.5 syns!!!

crisps dont qualify for a free food allowance, so you cant select a free food for those, the same goes for any of the items below:

Alcoholic drinks
Biscuits, including cereal bars and savoury crackers
Bread & crispbreads
Breakfast cereals
Cakes & bakery items, e.g. carrot cake
Crisps & snacks
Dressings & dips, e.g. salsa, salad dressing
Fruit - canned, dried and stewed
Pastry products (sweet & savoury), e.g. salmon en croute, apple pie
Pizza
Puddings & desserts
Sandwich/deli fillers
Sandwiches and wraps
Sauces, e.g. jars of tomato-based pasta sauce
Soft drinks, including yogurt drinks fruit/vegetable juice and fruit smoothies
Soups, all varieties
Sweets & chocolates

for all the foods above, it will be 1 syn for every 20 calories. But watch the weights given, as sometimes the calories is not for the entire packet, it will be just for a percentage, so you may need to multiply more.

Any other foods then you need to use the syn calculator selecting your free food.

For branded foods like the bachelors stuff, you are probably best checking syns online, to see if it is listed rather than using the syns calculator, if it isnt listed then of course you will need to use it, but again you only need to do so for items WITH a free food allowance.

Hope that helps.

crisps dont qualify for a free food allowance, so you cant select a free food for those, the same goes for any of the items below:

Alcoholic drinks
Biscuits, including cereal bars and savoury crackers
Bread & crispbreads
Breakfast cereals
Cakes & bakery items, e.g. carrot cake
Crisps & snacks
Dressings & dips, e.g. salsa, salad dressing
Fruit - canned, dried and stewed
Pastry products (sweet & savoury), e.g. salmon en croute, apple pie
Pizza
Puddings & desserts
Sandwich/deli fillers
Sandwiches and wraps
Sauces, e.g. jars of tomato-based pasta sauce
Soft drinks, including yogurt drinks fruit/vegetable juice and fruit smoothies
Soups, all varieties
Sweets & chocolates

for all the foods above, it will be 1 syn for every 20 calories. But watch the weights given, as sometimes the calories is not for the entire packet, it will be just for a percentage, so you may need to multiply more.

Any other foods then you need to use the syn calculator selecting your free food.

For branded foods like the bachelors stuff, you are probably best checking syns online, to see if it is listed rather than using the syns calculator, if it isnt listed then of course you will need to use it, but again you only need to do so for items WITH a free food allowance.

Hope that helps.

Thanks so much for that, sorry I replied to the other comment first before I seen this one :eek:
So do I for eg : the pasta, select the green drop down box and click on dried past uncooked and then put in the nutritional info for the per 100g. I am a little confused. Need somethings spelt out to me sometimes :p

yep you will select pasta as the free food, then enter in the nutritional information and if the weight given is for a different weight other than 100g, uncheck the per 100g and check the per portion and then put in the weight as given in the nutritonal information in the package/portion size box.

Hope that makes sense.

the cup of pasta - chicken flavour, is listed on syns online, so you dont really need to work it out on syns calculator. You should always check syns online first, as it is probably already listed.

Anyway below is the syns value:

Cup a Pasta, Chicken, made up as directed, dried, 52g sachet

green - 1 syn
original - 10.5 syns
extra easy - 1 syn

Hey was just reading post, I am very new to slimming world and trying to get my head round it all. Is the tomato and herb free on the extra easy?? Also are quorn sausages free??? xx

Hey was just reading post, I am very new to slimming world and trying to get my head round it all. Is the tomato and herb free on the extra easy?? Also are quorn sausages free??? xx

Hi there, yeah the quorn sausages are free, either done in the oven or with fry light and the tomato and herb pasta is also free. How you getting on with SW? xXx

The bog standard ones are free (this is your frozen ones) as are the cumberland and bangers but some of the flavoured ones have a small syn value eg the red leicester cheese sausages.

Back