Syn Fear

hajis-sweetie

WW newbie:)
Does anyone else suffer from this? It is like I am scared to have any syns, incase I do something wrong and I have a weird obsession that if I have 15 syns a day i'll end up ruining my healthy eating! I also have a habit that if I have, say, a curly wurly, then I want 12 curly wurly's, but if I don't have any then I don't really want one...does this make me weird?? :eek: Does this thread even make any sense...

I am the same with cake and chocolates.
I can't have just one, which is why I haven't had any at all in three weeks, and I can honestly say I don't miss them at all.
I am not scared of syns though and I do have them but 90% is on alcohol as I really love to have a couple or 3 after a hard days work. For me, I'd rather those than choc but I am cutting down this week to see if my weight will budge.
Don't be afraid of syns. Just be careful and you won't spoil your healthy eating, I promise :)

Thanks Malaika, I know i'm being irrational! I am trying this week and have had some more syns than last week. Hopefully i'll become more relaxed about the whole thing one day...

You'll do just fine. You have done well already and will continue!
If you ever feel down or worried, just give me a nudge! *hugs*

Hi

You need to know what your triggers are.... some its chocolate, other it could be cakes or bread, some it may be dairy products. So once you know what they are you can try and avoid them until you have a bit more confidence. There is no need to stress over the syns that you are allowed. You will also find that as you get more into the SW plan your taste and craves will change, ... mine certainley have and I would suspect others will tell you that same.

Phil x

I try to have about 3/6 syns a day and stay well away from chocolate. The only thing that worries me is that my weight loss although consistant is not spectacular, so what happens if or when it stops and I have to cut syns? the thought of eating 15 syns panics me in that I might start put on weight.

Hi

I would suggest that you don't have enough syns , could BE why your loss is slow. They say that those near to target need to lower syns. Also higher syns to max 15 to effect the status effect .

Phil x

Last edited:
I thought it might be the underactive thyroid, although I do take thyroxine for that so it should be allright. If I had more courage I would have more syns. I'm just scared cause even 0.5lb off is still a loss, just a bit depressing to get to week 8/9 and still not have got to the first stone!

You've lost 11 pound so far, thats great! I know it can get demoralising when it doesn't move as quickly as you would like but you've done the hardest thing, which is actually starting to eat healthily and do something for you. Be proud of what you've achieved so far and i'm sure you'll reach that stone award very soon!

Actually, I'm more concerned by the fact your goal BMI is 17.5. Models at Madrid fashion week have to have a minimum of 18, the lowest recommended by health authorities. Be careful, OK?

As for syns - use them! But I'd avoid choccie and the likes until you know you can control them. And I say this cos I used to be the same: I had a set amount of food I could eat (eg. three bourbons, two penguins etc) and would eat them whether I wanted them or not. Now, thanks to SW, I'm cured of that - tonight, for example, I had one choccie biscuit, weighed up the syns and put the rest of the packet back. One, not the three I would have allowed myself before. Learning how to use your syns puts you in control of what you eat, rather than the other way around.

And please, think about your BMI.

xx

Hi

You need to know what your triggers are.... some its chocolate, other it could be cakes or bread, some it may be dairy products. So once you know what they are you can try and avoid them until you have a bit more confidence. There is no need to stress over the syns that you are allowed. You will also find that as you get more into the SW plan your taste and craves will change, ... mine certainley have and I would suspect others will tell you that same.

Phil x
I'm happy to use my syns but Phils right you learn what your triggers are, Mine is deffo choclate i discovered! I syned what i'd had and moved on but i know if i have one i'll have loads, so no choccy for me. maybe one day i'll be in control enough but that ain't yet!

Back