Puddings syn free baked egg custard

I made one using 1 pot muller light vanilla and choc mixed with 2 eggs. I'm not that keen on artificial sweetners even so with no extra sweetners it was lush. Funnily enough the chocolate flavour comes through quite well.

Can I be a bit simple and ask - is that all you mixed together?? Just egg and yog? How long in oven etc?

I have this in the oven, now - thanks - can't wait!

Sorry but I thought they were horrid! The taste of sweetener was too over powering for me and I ended up chucking them

Can I be a bit simple and ask - is that all you mixed together?? Just egg and yog? How long in oven etc?

Thats it, I used larger ramekins popped foil on the top to stop scorching, popped them into a oven on a tray at 180'C for 15 - 20 mins. Turned off the oven and let them sit inside for another 10 mins. Only fill the ramekins about 2/3 of the way, mine rose quite a lot surprisingly. I ate one warm from the the oven. The second I ate with 1 teaspoon of maple syrup on top (i'm classing it as 1 syn as 1TBSP of maple is 2 syns). It was gorgeous. Am thinking of incorporating it into the next batch. It may not be free any more, but i prefer it to the artificial sweetners.

egg custards

i did these egg custards the other night but maybe left them in too long because they were dry and solid lol :cry:

Does anyone think this would work with Quark? I really want to make these but have no fromage frais....

Oooh i now have these in the oven as i speak (or rather type). I did it the first way suggested on this this thread and am now waiting in anticipation. I had to do a makeshift ban marie and ramekins tho! Ive used a roundish roasting tin with a small glass casserole dish inside of it - it was the closest think i had resembling a ramekin! Shall let u know how it goes. Will also read rest of this thread whilst they are baking... Does sound gorgeous and shall let you all know. Cheers x

Egg Custard

I have made Egg Custard several times, here is the recipe with pics.

Pete’s Baked Egg Custards 3
(Original recipe from Minimins)

Serves 6
Free if you use your Milk as Hea

Ingredients

3 Large Eggs
400mL skimmed Milk
(From your daily allowance)
4 Heaped Tbsp sweetener
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
Nutmeg

Method

Preheat the oven, set at 150c.
Warm the milk, whisk the eggs, vanilla & sweetener.
Pour the warm milk onto the eggs mixture, stirring as you go.
Pour into ramekins and sprinkle with nutmeg.

Use a tin with a wire tray inside, place the ramekins on it and fill the tin with boiling water until it is halfway up the ramekins.

Place on the middle shelf of the oven for 30 mins or until they are set.
Remove from the oven and leave on the tray until cool then transfer to the fridge to chill.

Enjoy.

Here was the first recipe I tried with pics.

Pete’s Baked Egg Custards
(Original recipe from Minimins)

Serves 6
Free if you use your Milk as Hea

Ingredients

3 Large Eggs
400mL skimmed Milk
(From your daily allowance)
3 Heaped Tbsp sweetener
1 Teaspoon Vanilla essence
Nutmeg

Method

Preheat the oven, set at 150c.
Warm the milk, whisk the eggs, vanilla & sweetener.
Pour the warm milk onto the eggs mixture, stirring as you go.
Pour into ramekins and sprinkle with nutmeg.

Use a tin with a wire tray inside, place the ramekins on it and fill the tin with boiling water until it is halfway up the ramekins.

Place on the middle shelf of the oven for 30 mins or until they are set.
Remove from the oven and leave on the tray until cool then transfer to the fridge to chill.
Enjoy.

Attachments

• Egg Custard-4 (Large).JPG
    Egg Custard-4 (Large).JPG
    243 KB · Views: 743
  • Egg Custard (Large).JPG
    Egg Custard (Large).JPG
    208.9 KB · Views: 782
  • IMG_0184 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0184 (Large).JPG
    279 KB · Views: 749
  • IMG_0187 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0187 (Large).JPG
    121 KB · Views: 3,057
  • IMG_0185 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0185 (Large).JPG
    255.2 KB · Views: 3,838
I made them, and ate em! Needs a bit of tweaking - cos of my poor cooking/baking skills tho. Shall keep trying till i get it right, thx again for recipe/s and posts.....ummm egg custard :)

I made these and they are amazing! I also sprinkled some sweetener on top after they had cooled down (I have a mega sweet tooth!)
I made one for my bf aswell, I am really having to stay out of the kitchen because I want to eat his too, LOL!
Thank you for this post and making me a happy girl :)

I made an egg custard a few months ago using a vanilla mullerlight, but I can't remember the recipe, do you think this recipe with a muller instead of the fromage frai would work?

Replying so i can find the recepie these sound good.

My only problem is hubby threw out my never used ramekins!!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using MiniMins

Back