syn free bolognese help plz..

spooks

does anyone have a syn free way of making a bolognese sauce please? im on EE today and my pasta is free as is the beef (extra lean) but then if i add dolmio to it.. well you know the story lol

can anyone help me with an easy way of making a sauce to substitute the dolmio? xx

I use the chopped tomatoes with herbs in a tin, add it some some fried onions, garlic, mushrooms, mixed herbs etc. You can blend the copped tomatoes to make them smooth if you prefer.

thanks hun xx ill try it.. sound so simple :) ive found some other recipes but most have red wine in them so its syn'd! :(

we dont use dolmio in our house anymore, lol we use tinned toms and passata, garlic puree, mushrooms and onions mixed in and et voila!! tasty and syn free.

tried my own using your methods :) and it was yummy.. i used an onion, fried in fry light added mushrooms.. garlic and chilli and mized herbs (basil corriander and thyme) passata and a few chopped tomatos :) it was ok.. but tasted quite tart, so i added a dash of lemon juice :) was loverrllyy! thanks gals xx

Pete’s Homemade Ragu

(Based on SW Mag March/April 2012)

Serves 4

Ingredients

1 Knorr “herb” stockpot
2 large onions, finely chopped (s) (sff)
3 garlic cloves (sff)
1tbsp dried oregano
1tbsp dried basil
410g tin of chopped tomatoes (s) (sff)
250g passata (s) (sff)
2tbsp tomato purees (s) (sff)
1tsp sweetener
Seasoning

Method

In a large pan sprayed with Fry Light, cook the onion & garlic until soft.
Add the tomatoes, passata, sweetener and the herbs. Place the stockpot on top of the mixture and allow to infuse.

Simmer for 30 mins or until it thickens, then season.
Ragu Sauce (Small).JPG

mmm that sounds good:D
im going to check out the syn values in our storecupboard jar of bolognese, think we may have to ditch that, i bet it has loads! or i do one version for mum and another for me!:p

dolmio is about 19 syns per jar for the family size jar and 12.5 for the smaller jar xx

that recipe looks delicious! thanks for sharing :)

and WOW ive just seen your weight loss on your avatar! well done!! x

I used to make spag bol sauce following one of the books but now I just bung stuff in it.

Tin of chopped toms, passata (but not oo much to make it sloppy), mushrooms, onions, garlic, peppers, mince, bit of worcester sauce if I feel like it, salt, pepper...job done!! :D

i put lea and perrins balsamic and paprika in mine and it gives it a really rich flavour along with onion tomatoes peppers mince carrot celery and any other veg that needs eating

Back