Green Day Syn free green meals

So I'm starting slimming world again, after really struggling over the Xmas period 2 years ago now.
So need a refresher on syn free meals I can make on green days as I'm a veggy! I also like to hear of all those shockers, that are syn free/minimum syns that you would expect to be really high!
Thanx everyone!

Youve come to the right place lady lol

ive been having lots of dishges using quorn mine and quorn pieces

Also slimming world chips and quorn sausages (1 syn each)

do you eat eggs and fish or are you strict veggie?

I'm a pain to be honest, I don't eat egg - if I can see it, if that makes sense lol and I don't eat fish! I love anything spicy, the last time I did slimming world I ate curry every night for one week n lost 6lbs, so I know I can do it, just need some yummy inspiration lol

well the recipe forums on here are ace

fyi chick pea dhal from Asda is syn free from what i remember and its delicious

What about chesse and onion pie or the cheese potato and onion pasties i discovered on here

the cheese scones are my fave we bake 2 lots of them a week

Yes I know the chick pea Dahl is, great for taking to work! Oooo will try that! Just about to have jacket with red pepper cottage cheese n a mountain of salad ?

I also need some inspiration... I need some help on syn free lunch ideas that are good for making at home but also syn free lunches that i can pack in a lunchbox and take to work with me! Please help :) If you have ideas for both red and green days could you please let me know! Because i'm stuck! :(

Emmasgonnadoit! said:
So I'm starting slimming world again, after really struggling over the Xmas period 2 years ago now.
So need a refresher on syn free meals I can make on green days as I'm a veggy! I also like to hear of all those shockers, that are syn free/minimum syns that you would expect to be really high!
Thanx everyone!

There's loads of lovely recipes on here - have a gander through. You're more than welcome to have a look at my diary too - I'm a veggie as well and I only do green days, link in my sig below. I do use a lot of quorn but starting to branch out a bit and do curries with lots of lentils and veggies, baked tofu, things like that. My favourite dinner at the moment is potato-spinach curry with rice which is syn free, recipe is on here a page or so back if you fancy trying it. Have fun! x

How about Aloo Gobi?.................

Pete’s Aloo Gobi-2

Serves 4

Ingredients

1 Onion (s)(sff)
1 Cinnamon stick
1 Cup of frozen peas (ss)(ff)
3 Garlic Cloves (sff)
4 Curry leaves
30mm cube of Ginger
1tsp Cumin Seeds
1tsp Fennel Seeds
1tsp Coriander Seeds
1tsp ground Turmeric
1tsp Fenugreek
1tbsp Tomato puree (s)(sff)
1tbsp sweetener
400g Chopped Tomatoes (s)(sff)
Knorr “herb”stockpot
400mL water
4 medium floury potatoes (ff) (Maris Piper, King Edwards) cut into small cubes
1 Cauliflower Head, cut into florets (s)(sff)
Salt & Pepper

Method

Chop the onion, garlic & ginger in a food processor & blitz.
Part boil the potatoes and cauliflower for 5 mins, remove and drain.
Crush the seeds in a mortar & pestle.
Heat a frying pan, sprayed with Fry Light and cook the seeds, curry leaves & cinnamon stick until they sizzle.
Add more Fry Light, then adding the paste from the food processor, fry for 10-15 mins until brown.
Add the ground spices, tomato puree, S&P, chopped tomatoes & sweetener, vegetable stockpot & water, simmer for 10 mins then add the potatoes & cauliflower, mix together, simmer for 10-15mins until the Veg is cooked, adding more water if the sauce is too dry. 5 mins before serving add the peas. Remove the curry leaves and cinnamon stick before serving.

Aloo Gobi-5 (Small).JPGAloo Gobi-6 (Small).JPGAloo Gobi-8 (Small).JPGAloo Gobi (Small).JPG

Back