Extra Easy Syn Free/ Low Syn Savoury Snacks for Vegetarians?

hifhsnsmk

Anyone got any ideas please? When I search for syn free snacks a lot of things like wafer thin ham, chicken drumsticks, jelly and muller lights come up which I can't have!

I'm usually hungry by 8pm and I don't know what to snack on without using syns that isn't just boring raw veg! And I worry it'd be detrimental to my weight loss to have things like mug shots or SW chips as snacks?

Anyone got any ideas please? When I search for syn free snacks a lot of things like wafer thin ham, chicken drumsticks, jelly and muller lights come up which I can't have!

I'm usually hungry by 8pm and I don't know what to snack on without using syns that isn't just boring raw veg! And I worry it'd be detrimental to my weight loss to have things like mug shots or SW chips as snacks?
Have you tried crispy kale?

I have been vegetarian and vegan and at the moment I don't eat red meat, eat chicken and fish only occasionally and rarely eat dairy.

Some good veggie snacks I can recommend would be - edamame beans, you can buy them frozen and leave a pot out to defrost for snacking on. Carrot, cucumber and pepper sticks, with homemade (free) hummus or salsa. Roasted chick peas (I like them with a sprinkling of chilli powder, they remind me of wasabi peas!) Alpro have some amazing soya yoghurts, some of them are 1 syn for half a massive 500g pot. I have at least half a pot every day with fruit, they are even nicer than Muller lights as they don't have the artificial sweeter after taste.
Also, I have been making a really nice sliced fruit platter up for the fridge every couple of days to snack on, things like passion fruits, watermelon, peaches, mango etc. I shop in Aldi so the more exotic fruits are dirt cheap and so nice.

I'm tend to snack on fruit mainly or I save my hex B and snack on almonds or hifi light bars. Alternatively light and free and activia 0% fat/no added sugar yogurts are veggie and syn free as are hard boiled eggs which are my go to options if I've used my hex B.

I think some of the quorn ham/chicken style pieces are free too but I'm allergic to it so don't eat them.

I was hope it to find a dedicated thread or forum for veggies or vegans, it maybe that I'm searching wrongly but there doesn't seem to be one? Anyone got any ideas?

One of my favourite snacks is new / normal / sweet potato chopped into wedges and put in the actifry. Spray with fry light, add a healthy sprinkling of seasoning - I use fajita seasoning - and cook. Then when I get hungry I microwave a few at a time for a few seconds 😁

Back