Syn Free Pasta Sauce

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by 4Dunkys, 28 March 2010 Social URL.

1. 4Dunkys

4Dunkys New Member

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(8.57%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    This is an arriabatta style sauce (slightly spicy) and makes an excellent pasta bake. I added left over chicken and mushroom to pasta spirals - yummy and filling

Spicy Tomato Sauce (for pasta)
    Onion
    Mushrooms
    Garlic
    Peppers
    Tinned chopped tomatoes with chilli
    Italian herbs (basil, oregano)
    Carton of passatta
    1tsp sweetener
    splash of Worcestershire sauce

Fry the veg until soft, add the tomatoes, passata and Worcestershire sauce and simmer for 15 mins, blend until smooth, add seasoning and sweetener to taste.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Devon Dolce

Devon Dolce 1lb at a time!

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(4.33%)
    Excellent! Thanks for sharing, I add all sorts of things to my syn free pasta sauce (carrots, courgettes etc. etc.). I did my sauce in the slow cooker on Friday, a massive batch of it and since then have used it for meatballs, pasta sauce and as a chicken topping - it was really rich and delicious - I think the slow cooking really helped to develop the flavours! I love this plan! xxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.