Syn Free Pasta Sauce

Well it depends what type of pasta sauce you like.
Tomatoey use passata and your choice of veg. Fry if veg add passata and herbs and simmer simmer down to a thicker consistency

Creamy use quark, low fat from age frais or your hea of Philadelphia type cheese stirred in at the end ( off the heat esp with the first two) again fry if what you like bacon, veg etc

Thanks. I like my pasta creamy. I have low low cheese spread in fridge. Am I right saying half tub is hexa? X

Well it depends what type of pasta sauce you like.
Tomatoey use passata and your choice of veg. Fry if veg add passata and herbs and simmer simmer down to a thicker consistency

Creamy use quark, low fat from age frais or your hea of Philadelphia type cheese stirred in at the end ( off the heat esp with the first two) again fry if what you like bacon, veg etc

Great, I really wouldn't have thought to use quark - loving this forum :)

I make a carbonara type sauce with two 35g tubs of lighter than light philidelphia, a splash of milk (I count the phili and milk as a HE), crushed garlic clove and some mixed herbs. Fry off the garlic, add all the other ingredients on a low heat until melted into a sauce. You can add chilli flakes too if you want a kick. I then warm through prawns in it and add the cooked pasta back in and toss it (it would work with bacon/chicken/ham too). It's bloody lovely.

Attachments

• 2014-08-16 12.17.52.jpg
    2014-08-16 12.17.52.jpg
    829.8 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:
I make a carbonara type sauce with two 35g tubs of lighter than light philidelphia, a splash of milk (I count the phili and milk as a HE), crushed garlic clove and some mixed herbs. Fry off the garlic, add all the other ingredients on a low heat until melted into a sauce. You can add chilli flakes too if you want a kick. I then warm through prawns in it and add the cooked pasta back in and toss it (it would work with bacon/chicken/ham too). It's bloody lovely.

Yummy, that sounds delicious. Just finished my baked potatoes for tonight's meal but will give it a go tomorrow, thanks :)

Back