Syn Free Sausages?

agent44

Hello,

It's ages since I bought sausages and I am not sure which are free anymore, can anyone tell me? I know about Quorn sausages, but I'm following EE now and really crave proper Sausages and Chips together!!

Eat Smart Diet, Cumberland Pork Sausages, 8 pack, chilled, 57g each half each
Eat Smart Diet, Lincolnshire Sausages, Less Than 3% Fat, 8 pack, chilled, 57g each half each
Eat Smart Diet, Pork Sausages, Less Than 3% Fat, 8 pack, chilled~~, 57g each free

these are the lowest syns

Last edited:
yes but are these anygood? lets face it theres sausages and theres sausages, i have a tesco near me and theres are low ive read here but tbh there yuk. The nearest morrisons to me is about 8 miles away so wouldnt want to go all that way just to chuck em in the bin so are these good or just average folks? please tell.

hi
I had some of the lincolnshire ones and i put them in a sausage casserole, they were ok , as most diet sausages are they dont really taste of much as with all meat its the fat that usually gives meat the flavour IMO anyway.. not sure if they would be better grilled or fried . I am thinking of looking up syn values for normal sausages as it might be better to have 1 tasty sausage than load sof untasty ones if you see what i mean :eek:)

Asda Butchers Best, British Pork & Onion Sausages, Gluten Free, chilled 50g each

red.gif
Original 3½ Syns
green.gif
Green 6½ Syns

these arent diet ones so might be worth a try

I like the Tesco low fat ones! The weightwatchers ones are nice too, if you like them a bit spicy, they're really meaty and only 1/2 a syn each.

I find diet/low fat sausages a bit drier than normal ones, obviously because they have most of the fat taken out but, chopped into chunks in a casserole they are fine.

I found that if the Morrisons sausages are grilled, they are not so bad. Put in the oven to "roast", they are dry, but put them in the George Foreman and they arent too bad!

so from what im reading then, we need to come up with a fat free tub of lard:sign0163:

1st one to do so will become fithy rich, get cracking :8855:

:8855::8855: fat free tub of lard AND syn free alcohol AND syn free cream cakes.. ooo the list could go on :)
shouldnt have said that.. now i want a cream cake :cry: LOL
xx

i like the morrisons pork ones, i've never been a big fan on fatty sausages anyway so these are nice...
Glad someone cared to mention that it isnt all morrisons eat smart sausages that are free. We need to be careful when advising people cos they do cumberland and lincolnshire which both have syn values. I'd hate for someone to buy the wrong ones!

have to say morrisons are my favourite tried a few low fat ones and these are quite nice

i like the morrisons pork ones, i've never been a big fan on fatty sausages anyway so these are nice...
Glad someone cared to mention that it isnt all morrisons eat smart sausages that are free. We need to be careful when advising people cos they do cumberland and lincolnshire which both have syn values. I'd hate for someone to buy the wrong ones!

like me :(

I thought it was all of them and cos i prefer cumberlands I bought them but i spose 1/2 a syn each isnt too bad.
Must remember to get the pork ones next time!

cant wait to have sausage, mash, onions and gravy!!!
Missed that whilst on Green days and could never think of enough meat i wanted to eat on red days to warrent a full day so YEA BABY!
x

Just tried the WW ones and must admit, I'm not too keen on them. I just don't like the texture as they're very soft and fell apart as I cut them and not much flavour. Prefer the Bowyers ones for 1 syn each or the Morrison's ones!

For syn free sausages check out www.joessausages.co.uk - they are really yummy!

Back