Syn help

tara40

Loves Norman Reedus
I am finding that having an allowance of Syns a day isnt really working for me, so i have decided to try the old fashioned way of starting off the week with 105 and working down. I know that there are people on here that do that. I just wanted to know if they found that better.
My consultant wont approve of it but what they dont know cant hurt.

I find that I usually end up having more syns at the weekend than during the week. So I do the same, think of it as 105 syns a week rather than 15 syns a day. To be honest I don't find that it really makes any difference to my weight loss whichever way I do it. :D

I used to do it this way as I worked shifts so eating times were all over the place and it also really helped on a weekend when I eating out/drinking etc etc. I weighed in on a monday and it never affected my weightlosses having more on a weekend.
x

I cant go without my drinks at the weekend so I start my week off at 70 and whatever I have left I enjoy, only on week 2 so not sure if it makes a difference but I know I wont stick to a diet if I dont get 1 night to relax (within syns of course lol) :)

Im only allowed 10 a day.. i regularly go a few over though

I do syns weekly and it's been absolutely fine. I like my weekend treats too much to do it differently!

hi tara40 i see u live along the coast from me i'm in bexhill, i use 15 a day but think i might start doing it on the whole amount and save more of my syns for weekends as i'm usually hungrier then for some strange reason :)

hi tara40 i see u live along the coast from me i'm in bexhill, i use 15 a day but think i might start doing it on the whole amount and save more of my syns for weekends as i'm usually hungrier then for some strange reason :)

Always nice to meet a Southerner !!!

I am finding that having an allowance of Syns a day isnt really working for me, so i have decided to try the old fashioned way of starting off the week with 105 and working down. I know that there are people on here that do that. I just wanted to know if they found that better.
My consultant wont approve of it but what they dont know cant hurt.

If she does just refer her to the SW FAQs on the website where it says that it is absolutely okay to use your syns weekly ;)

I've been doing weekly syns for ages and it suits me just fine. I can quite easily go some days without wanting or needing a single syn, whereas other days I have massive chocolate cravings to satisfy.

Have lost better since doing it this way! Can't see the point in forcing myself to have syns one day then desperately wanting more to play with the next.

this is very interesting - i hadnt thought to do this! my leader said to have 10 a day - is this best or to have 15?? why do people get different amounts?

i think that it is a case of trial and error. you can have between 5 and 15 a day, but it is really seeing what suits you best.
this isnt working for me very well as some days i need more and others i dont need any or very few, thats why i have decided to start with the maximum of 105 and work downwards. I will probably aim for around 70 syns for the week (which is the 10 a day that you said) but i will still have the option for the other 35.

x

excellent advice - im going to try this this week.... going for 12 a day ( thought id split the difference!)

hi tara40 hows it going? i've had a couple of blips but got back to plan folowing day :eek: x

was doing really well, had extra on Friday and the then 20 syns on saturday, had about 45 for sunday to wednesday, but then we went round my sister in laws to help with some repairs and it went downhill from there. i had a couple of glasses of wine that i didnt anticipate and her spuds werent done in fry lite, but i dont think that it was too bad considering other weeks.
am a bit down this week with my mankey shingles behind, but am trying to stay on track.
thanks. how are you doing this week xx

hi tara40 been a good week so far i weigh on weds lost 2lb this week so was pleased but have changed from ee to mix2max found it was a struggle to eat all the superfree just been for a carvery but left most of it ate the meat and stuffing and bit of the veg couldn't manage my yorkshire pud that saved me 3 syns or more lol i think me stomach must have shrunk a bit the last few weeks i eat up to a point then feel like i'm going to be sick so have to stop (mind u i don't get that if it's chocolate i'm eating ha ha) r u following ee? xx

yes i am following ee, but i do find it a struggle at times. i might try a week of red though. what exactly is involved in the mix n match?

Back