Syn question

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by TRICKYTREE, 4 December 2010 Social URL.

1. TRICKYTREE

TRICKYTREE Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st7.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi
    I am constantly losing each week and am having a panic about my syns. Like today I just fancy Kettle crisps 7 syns with my lunch, which will be HE foods. I am ok to take my syns to the limit aren't I? Just seems too good to be true.......sorry just weighed myself, my scales are always higher than SW and never let me down. They are my guide thro' the week and according to them i will be in my 3rd stone of weight loss.
    Sorry just want some re-assurance
    Have a lovely snowy day. I am going on a ghost hunt tonight so want to be in a good mood..
    Julie xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays Gold Member

Start Weight:
    9st11lb
    Current Weight:
    8st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(11.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Of course you'll be ok, I regularly have 105 syns per week & am managing to maintain.

Have a lovely evening, we went on a ghost tour a few years ago & it was brill:p

4. valerie11

valerie11 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.72%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    hi i almost always have 15 syns a day and i seem to lose less when i havent eaten them also if u have the maximum it gives u something to cut down on if ur weight loss stalls good luck :)

5. Maximus

Maximus Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    6st11lb(38.78%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - The one that works!
    I always try to have the recommended 5-15 syns per day. I have only twice went over (one was a miscounted 16 lol).

I always have at least 5 though as I was told this should be the case. I've even had a packet of crisps just to take me over the 5!

I don't see it being a problem but I love the idea of being disciplined to always get a minimum of 5 and a maximum of 15.

That is per day - I would never save them for a weekend "binge" - I know a lot do but if on a Saturday night I have had only 30 syns in the week, Saturday will remain at 15 at the most. Again that is my discipline.

To be honest, not bothered with a drink for over a year now so no need to worry about those sys. Have also saved enough to pay for SW and all the books & extras that go with it:)

Steve

6. justjudith

justjudith *waves hello*

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st13lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(5.49%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Green
    For what its worth, when I was doing Slimming World before I used to have 15 syns a day, no problem. And I lost weight. Like someone else said the weeks I cut down on my syns my weight loss got slower. Its great that I didn't feel guilty and I kept on plan.

And then there were those occassions I had to flexible syn, but thats a diofferent story.

Judith

7. lurverick

lurverick Now to maintain.....

Start Weight:
    12st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    8st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st3lb
    Lost(%):
    4st1lb(31.4%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    slimming world.
    i always use pretty much all my syns.....i like to make the most of what i can eat and enjoy it.
    i firmly believe this is why i found it so easy and had no wobbles or problems sticking to it.its truely a way of life for me now.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.