*Syn tin*

mememememe

Has just seen mia_baby mention a Syn tin.... think its a great idea...

do ne of u have one and what to u keep in it??

Having been told at class I'm not using enough syns, I now have a Syn Tyn... well actually it's just an asda carrier bag... I have:
curly wurly - 6 syns
fudge - 5.5 syns
milky way - 6 syns
quavers - 5.5 syns

As long as my bf doesn't find it, there won't be any major binges!!! xx

Ooh I've got one. I love that I can (mostly) leave it alone and not feel the urge to eat everything in it all at once. This is a totally new thing for me!

Low-cal muesli bars - 5 syns
Fun size Snickers - 4.5 syns
Fun size Smarties - 3.5 syns
Curly Wurlies - 6 syns
Mini Bros (like Aeros) - 2.5 syns

I don't have anything like that. Firstly because I would end up eating the lot if it were crisps, secondly am not really a chocolate/sweet person and thirdly I'm trying to get out of the mindset of rewarding myself with food, with it being a treat.

Hey you know what would be good, a syn tin and a little list inside the tin of all the syn values so when you open it up you can just indulge rather than grappling around for your book or looking it up online

i have alpen light basket. loads different alpen light bars

Hey you know what would be good, a syn tin and a little list inside the tin of all the syn values so when you open it up you can just indulge rather than grappling around for your book or looking it up online

yeah u cud stick inside the lid or something...... think i have found a little activity for my sunday afternoon lol!!

I might make a little one up and take it to group.. give them an idea and something to snack on if they want...

thirdly I'm trying to get out of the mindset of rewarding myself with food, with it being a treat.

If we all had this mindset we would never have had a weight problem in the first place. I treat myself to foods such as chocolates and it is just that, a treat - a small part of my balanced diet where as before Slimming World it was more than that hence why I got overweight. If you keep high syn foods as treats then its part of a balanced diet, I will teach my children that such foods are for treats, not for all the time - makes sense to me?

miss_emmajane, u speak wise words lol.... im also tryin to teach my daughter about treats and a balanced diet... she is only 4 so i get nothing but blank looks lol x x

I have a "SYN TIN" well more off a massive tub have had it since starting my sw LOL. i also have a laminated sheet on the outside with treats listed and syns value, the box contains everything from crisps, alpen lights, hi fi bars to biscuts and chocolates :D Id be lost without it.

oh thats a great idea ... i may do the same myself ... thanks x

Back