Syn value frozen vs syn value cooked?

Theria

Silver Member
Bit of help required - if anyone knows, please? I'm going to make pasta sauce tonight with some chorizo in it.

Looking it up, it's 12 syns per 100g on a green day, which is fine, as I'll be splitting the sauce into 2 or 3 portions.

BUT - the chorizio I've got is pre-chopped into chunks and it's sitting in my freezer at the moment. How do I know how much to take out that will equal 100g after it's defrosted / cooked?

I usually just bung it straight in the pan and it defrosts as it cooks because it's chopped up. I know freezers dry food out so I suspect that 100g of frozen chorizo is going to weigh more when it's cooked.

:sigh: I'm probably overthinking this, but I'd welcome any help anyone has!

I don;t there is any way of working it out with trying it hun. Use 100g frozen, defrost it and weigh it again then syn it accordingly x

Yep. I think you're right. I was overthinking it :D

If I'd come to that very sensible conclusion this morning I would have taken it out of the freezer then. Now I'll have to do it when I get home!

Last edited:
OK - so the laws of physics are screwed. 108g of chorizo (all that was left in the bag, I wasn't putting 8g back in the freezer!) weighs 106g when defrosted. Gah! Anyway - 13 syns for the lot and there's at least three portions simmering on my hob right now, smelling amazing :drool:

I am now wishing that my kitchen smelled like Chorizo XD

Back