1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Syn value frozen vs syn value cooked?

Discussion in 'Syn Values' started by Theria, 18 February 2014 Social URL.

1. Theria

Theria Silver Member

Start Weight:
    22st11lb
    Current Weight:
    18st3.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st10lb
    Lost(%):
    4st7.5lb(19.91%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World (Mixed R/G/EE)
    Bit of help required - if anyone knows, please? I'm going to make pasta sauce tonight with some chorizo in it.

Looking it up, it's 12 syns per 100g on a green day, which is fine, as I'll be splitting the sauce into 2 or 3 portions.

BUT - the chorizio I've got is pre-chopped into chunks and it's sitting in my freezer at the moment. How do I know how much to take out that will equal 100g after it's defrosted / cooked?

I usually just bung it straight in the pan and it defrosts as it cooks because it's chopped up. I know freezers dry food out so I suspect that 100g of frozen chorizo is going to weigh more when it's cooked.

:sigh: I'm probably overthinking this, but I'd welcome any help anyone has!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. PatchworkPuss

PatchworkPuss Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Lost(%):
    7st3.5lb(39.42%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I don;t there is any way of working it out with trying it hun. Use 100g frozen, defrost it and weigh it again then syn it accordingly x

4. Theria

Theria Silver Member

Start Weight:
    22st11lb
    Current Weight:
    18st3.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st10lb
    Lost(%):
    4st7.5lb(19.91%)
    Diet:
    Yep. I think you're right. I was overthinking it :D

If I'd come to that very sensible conclusion this morning I would have taken it out of the freezer then. Now I'll have to do it when I get home!

Last edited: 18 February 2014
  5. Theria

Theria Silver Member

Start Weight:
    22st11lb
    Current Weight:
    18st3.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st10lb
    Lost(%):
    4st7.5lb(19.91%)
    Diet:
    OK - so the laws of physics are screwed. 108g of chorizo (all that was left in the bag, I wasn't putting 8g back in the freezer!) weighs 106g when defrosted. Gah! Anyway - 13 syns for the lot and there's at least three portions simmering on my hob right now, smelling amazing :drool:

6. wibblefran

wibblefran Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I am now wishing that my kitchen smelled like Chorizo XD