syn values

eejayess

Hi, I know that the general rule is 20cals = 1 syn, but if the product has something "free" in it does that change things as I see threads mentioning "it has no free food in it" and wondered if you calculate it differently if there is free stuff in it? If anyone knows that would be great, thanks.

Yep things that have a free food as the main ingredient get a special allowance that reduces the syns so the 20 calorie rule does not work on them. There is no way to work out syns on these foods yourself if you are not a member :)

Thanks. I'm joining this Thursday, so will the online calculator work it out? I was hoping there was a quick way of doing whilst I was in the supermarket, but my mobile isn't a smart phone so I don't have apps.

As a member you would have access to Syns Online which is the online directory of syn values and most things will be listed there. For anything that is not listed then yes you can work it out on the syn calculator and include the free food allowance in the calculation.

Good luck for Thursday :)

Hi, I hope you enjoy your class on Thursday, you'll find them nice and friendly. You'll soon get the hang of syn values, enjoy your journey:)

Newbie, how many syns am i allowed per day?

Hi, I've started SW yesterday and the group leader didn't tell me how many syns I'm allowed per day. Can someone help me, thanks :)

Between 5 and 15 a day - it should mention it in your books. Dont fall into the trap of thinking you will lose faster by using fewer syns because it doesnt work like that - aim for 10-15 a day and just enjoy them :)

Back