Syn Values

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guna be a pain: got mine from ASDA.. its "good for you" 40% less fat..110 calories per jar?

The only one can find is 0.5 syns per 2 tbs!!!!!!!

oh ok.. well shall i just put 2 syns to be sure?? sorry to be a pain.. 2nd day today and just getting into the swing of things?
Where are you finding this from? ive seen you can get a "ASDA" book.. if this is where i shop do you think its worth getting?

You can get the syns values on line if you pay to go to class you get a password, or you can get one book that has the syns for everything in (which if you go online a lot you dont really need it) or as you say you can get the syn books for the shops you shop in which is handy if you buy lots of shops own brands and take it with you while shopping x

oh ok.. well shall i just put 2 syns to be sure?? sorry to be a pain.. 2nd day today and just getting into the swing of things?
Where are you finding this from? ive seen you can get a "ASDA" book.. if this is where i shop do you think its worth getting?
Yes it would be if you always shop in Asda. Do you go to a group? Welcome to the forum and to SW x

No i dont go to classes: work shift work so find it hard making the meetings: i just got the stuff from ebay.. I have the will power.. as sisters on Cambridge so shes encorraging me.. but find it hard working out all the syns.. guess i have to join a club to get the passwords?? ummm could i maybe go once? then do it myself?

The password changes every week. What colour is your book? You need to make sure you have all the up to date information. Last time I looked on ebay the only books that weren't ridiculously priced were more than 4 years old and the info in them is very out dated now

that's ok then, that is this years book. It would probably be best if you could go to a meeting just to get it all explained properly so you are in no doubt then go for a couple more meetings then you can go it alone if you want to

Thank you.... for your advise...
What really really worries me is previously on diets ive been eating hardly anything.. then on this one im eating more then ive ever eaten.. i dont want to pile the pounds on.. im scared! ahhhh

The amount of food we can eat scares a lot of people at first but I eat loads and I have lost 50lb! Trust me, it works

Thank you.... for your advise...
What really really worries me is previously on diets ive been eating hardly anything.. then on this one im eating more then ive ever eaten.. i dont want to pile the pounds on.. im scared! ahhhh
i was the same didnt understand how ya can eat so much. well i havent lost any yet but i havent put any on so i guess thats a good thing :confused:

oh question,
What are you all doing with regards to sauces for pasta? I bought some dolmio ones today thinking ...well I am sure just tomato's and veg right....well I guess not. I can only find stuff for the whole 500g jar....BUT i won't be eating the full jar and it isn't like I can just half it. So....what do I do? Just make sauces using tomatoes from scratch or what? What do you all do?

Jenn

yeah - the best way is to make your own sauces.

sauces in jars tend to be high in sins - even tomato based ones as they tend to use alot of oil. if you were to eat half the jar, then just halve the sins and feed the rest to someone else.

i had that problem bought a sauce got home n realised it was very high in syns so had to search my book for another that was lower then had to go buy another one lol. i still got the first one

This time !!!! I'm going to try and steer away from jars and make my own as they're so easy and you can put so many different things in.

making your own sauces can seem quite daunting, but once you perfect your sauces you can make them with your eyes shut :)

i made quorn chilli from scratch last night in 10 minutes! ...it was the 1st time i've made it and it tasted bloody lovely!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back