Syns after midnight.

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by honeymom, 12 September 2011 Social URL.

1. honeymom

honeymom Member

Do you count syns in 24 hour periods I.e midnight to midnight ? Or do you count then in days I.e from when you wake till when you go to bed? Or does it not matter. ?

I work odd shifts and I am often awake at weird hours so not sure how to do this

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. lentil2

lentil2 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5.5lb(10.05%)
    Diet:
    SW
    I think you need to count syns as to whatever 'your' day is.
    So, if you sleep in the day and work at night, that's your day!

I would say, a dieting day starts after a period of sleeping and when you have your first meal. However, if you sleep at odd times ie different times of the day or night, it might be easier to just count 24 hour period as a dieting day.
    Hope that makes sense!!!

4. 13katrina

13katrina Full Member

Current Weight:
    14st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I think if you work funny shifts it might be easier to work you syns over an entire week as I'm guessing some days, you'll need a lot less and some days more, so I'd keep a running total.

5. lentil2

lentil2 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5.5lb(10.05%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Working syns out over the week is a good idea......however, I still think you need to define where your day starts and ends if you are following a different plan, ie red, green or extra easy.

6. Nics.ck

Nics.ck Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st0lb
    Current Weight:
    8st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st13lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5lb(21.43%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I work on midnight to midnight as I have a small baby and end up being awake all hours of night and day. It's amazing how hungry you are when you are woken at 4 in the morning!!

7. honeymom

honeymom Member

Thanks. I think midnight to midnight will work easiest for me. I just wasn't sure if that was allowed.

8. *EB*

*EB* Gold Member

i work on the basis of when i get up - i get new syns for the day!

although i have bent the rules sometimes on the weekend when i am out and fall in the chippy about 3am!! hehehe! x

9. CANdothis

CANdothis WILLdothis

Diet:
    Exante
    I also work shifts including nights so use the day is when you get up to when you go to sleep (excluding naps) as found I was abusing midnight to midnight by using it as a green light to eat loads just after midnight making me struggle the following night :eek:

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.