syns and how they work?

elleceejay

I would love if somebody could tell me how syns are calculated just so that when I am shopping I have an idea as to what is high and what is low in syns. for example I did ww and their 'points' are based on calories and saturated fat. Could somebody give me an idea as to how the formula is worked out?

For things without any free food then 20 calories = 1 syn is a useful guide but i wouldnt rely on it

Otherwise there is no way of working it out alas

I can't see any logical formula behind it, but as a rule of thumb, I would go with the 20 cals a syn if there's no free food allowance. I try and check most things before I go shopping so I don't get any nasty surprises!!

I check on here while I do my shopping online... you can find most things using the search bar at the top. I've started a list on my computer for quick reference of the things I eat regularly...

Or if I'm out I use the 20 to 1 rule as well :)

Altho saying that... Even when I'm out I sometimes have a quick google on my phone! Googling "SLIMMING SYN (and then the product)" usually finds something!... actually it usually just brings up this site again :)

Good work MiniMin xx

Back