Syns discovery fajita dinner kit (or old El Paso)

Hellz

Hy guys I've done loads of searches but I'm confused .....

can any one give me the official / recent values please?

discovery fajita dinner kit ??

thanks in advance x

Fajita Dinner Kit, Original Smokey BBQ - Flour Tortillas, Seasoning Mix & Salsa, as sold, each
^^^ I found this on Syns online. Bare in mind that 7.5 Syns is for each fajita it makes, not the whole kit.

An easy way to work out the Syns for things like this, which have no free food allowance, is to use the formula 20 calories = 1 Syn.

Oh ok, I didn't know this, so 2 filled wraps was 14 syns then, oh dear lol good job I'd not used my syns during the day !!!!

I had the enchilada dinner kit (Old El Paso) the other day and wasn't sure on the syns but know they were very high each, last time I will be having those but they are soooo good :)

Make the chicken it lettuce wraps surely it be alot less ... then ud only be synning spice x:)

Make the chicken it lettuce wraps surely it be alot less ... then ud only be synning spice x:)

It's not really a fajita if it's wrapped in lettuce! but you're right if you used a lettuce leaf instead to wrap the chicken in it would be free - all spices are free.

Denise

Blimey tht seems a lot?

Things like this are notoriously high in Syns. The tortilla wraps alone can be anywhere up to 10 Syns each. As in my previous post, these worked out at 7.5 Syns per fajita, so it'd be 15 Syns for the two.

Weight Watchers wraps are only 5.5 Syns. If I want fajitas I use those. I just fry off chicken, peppers and red onion in my own spices which are free (garlic, chilli, cumin, etc.) and make my own salsa (chopped tomatoes, red pepper, red onion and chilli). You can make your own "sour cream and chive" dip with FF natural yogurt and chives. If you want cheese, weigh and count it as your healthy extra. You could have two of those for just 11 Syns, and it probably works out cheaper than buying the kits too!

my wife makes up egg wraps instead for fajitas and just adds spices to meat, onion and peppers. bulk that up with fat free fromage frais and SW homemade chips and one filling meal, syn free

It's not really a fajita if it's wrapped in lettuce! but you're right if you used a lettuce leaf instead to wrap the chicken in it would be free - all spices are free.

Denise

TRUE lol making them from scratch is your best option id say like above said use w/w wraps own salsa spices sour cream :)

Back