Syns do i have to have them

Hi Amyt1988

Welcome to SW, and good luck

Your given the syn allowance to have a little of something you enjoy - be it sweet or savoury - you can even use syns on things such as oils, nuts or sauces for dishes

They suggest you try to use your syn allowance as much as possible! Everything in moderation!

I usually use mine for a sneaky treat at the end of the day - means I can still get a choccy fix or a sneaky pack of crisps and feel completely okay about it!!!

Hi there Amy - Welcome :)

I would say definitely use your syns, they're part of the plan and if you use them for treats or sauces to make your meals taste nicer - you're less likely to get bored will or fall off the plan.

I use most of mine on chocolate and ice cream because I just love something sweet after a meal, but it really is up to you what you use them on.

Very best of luck to you for your first week :)

So if I had a packet of crisps a day that would be ok? Or butter on a jacket potato? Is the min I should have 5 other wise am I not eating enough x

Yes you can use them for crisps or butter on your jacket - just make sure you check the syns of the crisps and measure the butter (e.g. a tsp/tbsp).

SW recommend at least 5 per day but personally I find I have better loses on 10 or more. Just use them on whatever you fancy - it's all part of the plan :)

10 syns is only 200 calories a day or 1400 over the week so not enough to affect your losses either way - so why would you choose not to have them !

Back