Syns for Protein Shakes

NatalieG

Hi To All,

My sis is on slimming world and she has been advised to have protein shakes to speed up her metabolism and increase her protein intake to help with the weight loss.

Does anyone know what syns it is or how to work it out.

Thanks in advance.

Who has advised her to do this? I personally have been advised to up my protein to aid in muscle repair after running and strength training, so usually have one on a day I exercise. I also find red days up my loss faster than green, but that is just me as others do really well on green.

Most protein shakes I have are quite high in syns, I have some small ones that are 5 syns, and have just gotten promax diet which I believe is around 4 per shake.

If your sister isn't a veggie, she may just want to up protein by having more chicken, lean red meat, and fish, as they are all free on red and EE, or eggs on any day. It less expensive than protein shakes and syn free.

Hope that helps xx
Steph

Thanks Steph,

I think its for the days she has green days as she doesnt really eat meat anyway so she struggles to get enough protein in.Ill pass on ya comments to her and see what she says.

Can anyone suggest any other ways to get protein in without the shakes on green days.

Good sources of protein for vegetarians include nuts and seeds, pulses, soya products (tofu, soya milk and textured soya protein such as soya mince), cereals (wheat, oats, and rice), free-range eggs and some dairy products (milk, cheese and yoghurt). x

Shame on her consultant if she has suggested this. As Rosie has said there are loads of high protein foods she can eat on green including pulses and quorn that are high in protein without resorting to this. It demonstrates a real lack of understanding of food science. You know I actually heard of a SW consultant who told someone that vegetarians couldn't do SW! What's that about then!!

Thanks Steph,

I think its for the days she has green days as she doesnt really eat meat anyway so she struggles to get enough protein in.Ill pass on ya comments to her and see what she says.

Can anyone suggest any other ways to get protein in without the shakes on green days.

The OP never said her consultant advised this - it could well have been a nutritionist, GP or other health professional who was either unaware of her sister being on SW or unaware of the SW diet!

Hi everyone,
Sorry to add to an old thread - but does anyone know how many syns are in Protein World Slender Blend protein powder, on the Red (Original) plan?
Thanks!

Hi everyone,
Sorry to add to an old thread - but does anyone know how many syns are in Protein World Slender Blend protein powder, on the Red (Original) plan?
Thanks!

Things like this can be worked out using 1 syn for every 20 cals x if you're following EE or Original then you're better having real protein :) as it's syn free x

My trainer told me to have some protein shakes as well to aid muscle recovery, basically cos you can get higher grams of protein this way..

I haven't yet cos I'm doing SW but may need to start incorporating 1 or 2 a week as I exercise 4-5 times a week

You can get plenty of protein thru eating free foods - if you find the right ones, and save your syns x

Back